SRS I am in shock and confused, please set me straight

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by familyguy101, Mar 18, 2007.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I never dated in high school. I never had a girlfriend yet either. I'm 18. The other day I was talking with some people and we were talking about virginity. Of coarse I was mostly quite because I am a virgin. Anyway, they start talking about themselves as teenagers having sex (13-17 years old) like it is a normal thing that teenagers do. They themselves said they were 14 and 15 when they had sex, and then one of them proceded to say that they regret it because they got addicted to it. I even searched on the internet about it and people on forums are saying they lost their virginity at really young ages. What the fuck is going on in this world???? Is this true??? Young kids are fucking like rabbits?? This entire time I was in high school, people all around me were having sex and I was oblivious to it I guess. It kinda makes me feel like I'm left behind, and it's scary to know that this is going on. It seems like 18 years old is a young age for it to happen, not to mention 15 or younger. Is it true first of all? Secondly, if it's true, are there any benefits to it? When should I worry about it myself? I do want to try it, badly.

2. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

lol I remember in grade 8 during grad 2 guys were getting head and at that time I thought meh whatever LOL.

3. FunkJunkie

FunkJunkie New Member

I had sex when I was 15, and never stopped. So yeam its nautral man, were animals, its what we do

4. gkremian

gkremian New Member

It's also not that big of a deal if you're 18 and you haven't lost it. Sex is blown out of proportion, imo. I thought it was this huge deal and when I lost it (at 18!) I felt absolutely no different. It really doesn't mean much. And yes, sex happens a lot for younger teenagers. My brother lost it when he was 16, and he regrets it. However, I think he regretted the way he lost it, not when.

5. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I had sex for the first time when I was 16. I don't regret it one bit...

Everybody's life is different though, you have to remember this. You need to do things when you feel ready to do them, not do them just because other people are or because they pressure you to.

If it doesn't hurt you or victimize a helpless person, then you shouldn't worry so much about what other people do.

6. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

There are a lot of people that have sex very young but plenty of other people wait until they are your age or older to do it. I didn't lose my virginity till I was 18. Having sex around ages 15-17 is fairly normal but those kids who had sex at 12 or 13 were probably sexually abused or had some other type of fucked up childhood so be glad you aren't like that.

7. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

I had sex for the first time at 16. I wish I hadn't then, but it happened. But I didn't again until I was 18, with the guy who is now my fiance. I think I'm addicted to sex with him lol. He was 17 when he lost his virginity, and also wishes he waited instead of just did a random 1 nighter (same thing I did at 16, although at the time I didn't think that's what it was).

I am shocked when I hear people say they were 13 & 14 years old when they did, but it doesn't surprise me anymore.

8. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I would say 16 is the avrg age.

9. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

I'm almost 20, i really couldn't care less, i'd rather wait and be happy with my first than regret it

10. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

LOL I didn't have sex offically till I was 23..... *shame* I had play when I was 16 but nothing serious... oh I have a discusting tale for someday if a thread like that appears.

11. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

The way I see it, there's really nothing to regret... especially at 20 years old. I know guys who use that excuse simply to avoid having sex because they are scared of it. If that's really how your morals dictate you should handle the situation, and it's really what feels right to you, then don't let me or anyone else discourage you.

12. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

if i tried and failed i'd prolly be upset, i just dont care enough, when it happens it happens :dunno:

13. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Well if you aren't being abstinent due to religion or anything, I think you should try to do it. Really, it's healthy and normal to do at our age... and it may change your perspective on life in fact depending on where you're at.

You don't have to be one of those obnoxious guys who only leaves his house to try and get laid, and if there aren't girls then he won't even hang out... but you could just make it a goal or something :dunno: nothing wrong with sex bro, as long as you're safe.

14. Dorn

Dorn New Member

I lost my virginity at 20. I had my chances with other girls, but they would have been basically just a one night stand. I wanted to wait until I had found someone that I really cared for and was ready for it. I did, and I'm happy about it.

15. Mogul

Mogul New Member

I am in exactly the same boat you are in. In my early 20s, a virgin, but happy about it. People love to trot out the positives of sex, but rarely do they ever talk about pregnancies or stds which are the direct result of their promiscuity. 18 is too young to have sex imo, its just not worth the risk at your age. Why risk 18 years of guilt and slave labor, not to mention a host of incurable diseases, for 15 minutes of fun?

Actually I think you are the only one with a head on your shoulders and the other people are the delusional ones. You understand the risk involvevd and you abstain, which is smart. Others don't, and thats why we have so many failed marriages, stds, unwanted children, etc...

16. Isaac

Isaac New Member

As long as you're smart about it, age isn't really in the question. If you think age is a question, here's the only viable reason I could think it would be: Experience on a relative scale with chicks you're banging. A chick who's had sex 100 times isn't going to be the most pleased in the world if you're a virgin fumbling around down there. That's one of the advantages of losing virginity at a young age. Everybody's inexperienced, everybody's learning, so you figure things out while you're young, then you get better with age.

Use condoms, don't fall in love with the first chick you bang, and don't think it's the end all be all of the world.

I love sex, but I love speed, motorcycles, exercise, and writing just as much.

17. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

I had sex when I was 18. Its pretty cool, but its nothing to be completely distraught over. The people who will think less of you for it are not people you should care about. My housemate this year is 21 and still a virgin. He isn't even close to fucking either, but thats just the way he is. He isn't gay, but girls just dont want to fuck him. He gives very bad first impressions and he's too smart to be able to comfortably act like a "party guy" you know? Everybody's different, and it will happen when you're ready.

18. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

it's overrated... it's a status symbol.

<-- few days after the 22nd birthday.