SRS I am getting better

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by familyguy101, Dec 31, 2007.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

On Friday after work, I went home as usual. I watched some cartoons and some odd feelings started coming to me. I've had these feelings before by the way. I had to lay down so I went into my room and closed the door. I stayed in my room for about 15 hours. Then I got dressed and went to get Pizza Hut. I was only out of my room for about 45 minutes. I ate some pizza and went back to my room and stayed there for another 22-23 hours or so. I got a total of about 6 hours of actual sleep. The rest of the time I was just laying around doing weird things and thinking weird thoughts. My room has very little in it. I have a bed, some books, my clothes, a little clock radio, and some miscellaneous objects here and there. After being in seclusion in a little room for that amount of time, I started to feel my problems lift away. Thinking became easier and lots of things sort of cleared up for some time. Of coarse though, I did have moments of relapse. I would be having nothing buy happy thoughts for about 30 minutes, and then something in my thoughts would remind me of something else which reminded me of something that bothers/angers me and my thoughts would uncontrollably spiral into anger and hatred and I would become pissed off. My thoughts alone were powerful enough to give me adrenaline rushes. I've had this happen before, but I had about 2-3 moments like this in a 1 hour period. I realized many things about myself, including that I pretty much bounce in and out of different moods/emotions randomly. By the end of my seclusion session, I started to learn how to control this random mood hopping.

Other than that, I decided on a few changes I'm going to make. First off, I decided to buy a punching bag to beat on to vent frustrations/stress/anger. I already bought the punching bag and used it and I feel a ton better. Second, I decided that I am never again going to allow ANYONE to cut me down because of my interests/goals. I will either attack those people or passively ignore it. Third, I mentioned earlier that I somewhat learned to control my random mood changes, so I decided that I am going to learn to control this completely as I believe this is a huge in factor is my dysfunction. The punching bag will help me out with controlling emotions/moods.

I really can't sum up everything that I went through, and some of my decisons can't be put to words. I just wanted to share my little experience some you guys and let you know that it helped me out. I recommend trying it if you are a confused and angry individual.

2. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

the punching bag will get you in shape too, i had one in college and if you want to train on it, just turn your music up, get some ice water (64 oz or so) then just hit it not stop for 3 minutes, then drink some water, go for 3 more, and do this for about 30-45 minutes. some times you can go slow, sometimes you can just destroy it, but it is great cardio

3. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

That's awesome that you were able to help yourself.. all by yourself.
    Hope you continue to get better and better. :)

4. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

:werd:

lol

5. Asherman

Asherman New Member

Familyguy, I believe you need to seek some professional help. I'm not saying that you are seriously crazy, or need to be fitted for an "I-love-Me" jacket. You do seem to have some problems that might be alleviated by talking things over with an experienced, sympathetic counselor. In earlier times, the default counselor would have been your local Minister. That may still be a good option for you, if your clergyman has received the appropriate training. More often these days, one would meet with a psychologist. A popular misconception is that going to a psychologist involves years of laying on a couch talking about childhood and dreams. Most psychologists today are more practical, and try to help their patients come to grips with and resolve problems directly and over a relatively short period of time/appointments.

6. TiffanyTJB

TiffanyTJB New Member

I also think you need to talk to a professional. With your mood swings you may be bipolar.
    Some people who ar ebipolar experience rapid mood swings like you described, where you can feel happy then sad then happy then sad or angry over and over in the course of just a few hours.
    You probalby also experience times when you feel great for periods of time, and then periods where you feel pretty low- both moods for probably no reason.

I hope you get to go take to someone because once you get some treatment and feel better you will probably wish you sought treatment sooner.

If you can't afford it, you probably have a city/county mental health department which will have a sliding scale for treatment.
    I hope you feel better soon!