GUN I am getting a Savage Arms 16FCSS

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by WiLL, Mar 26, 2006.

1. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

:wavey:
    [​IMG]

I have been looking for a .223 rifle for a while and I think I found one. This is only my 2nd rifle, so I didnt have a huge budget for it. I think I will like this. But what I wanted to ask you guys is if you have seen any type of extended magazine boxes for the 16 series Savage rifles. This particular one holds 4, I was wondering if there is a mag that can hold 10. :hs:

:hs:

2. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

accutrigger?

3. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

i think i see accutrigger in the pic

noice gun, id buy it

4. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

I think I see it too :noes:

5. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

what is accutrigger?

6. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

pimp ass adjustable trigger

7. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]AccuTrigger™[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG]The Savage AccuTrigger™... A revolutionary design that will forever change the way shooters expect triggers to function.[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At Savage, we're constantly searching for new products and innovations that provide a true benefit to shooters. The trigger was always one significant area that captured our attention. Most triggers found in firearms produced today have a very heavy pull. The reason is quite simple...liability. Manufacturers cannot afford to ship firearms with triggers that could accidentally discharge; therefore, they design their firearms with heavy trigger pulls. Even though factory triggers can usually be adjusted, any adjustments made to factory triggers can create an unsafe condition and usually void the warranty.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Savage challenged its engineering team to design a completely new trigger system to give shooters what they wanted--an easily adjustable trigger with a crisp release and no creep. It took several years, but Savage's revolutionary AccuTrigger meets every shooter's objective. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How AccuTrigger Benefits the Shooter

Adjustability and added safety are the first benefits
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Savage AccuTrigger gives the shooter the flexibility to set trigger pull to individual preference without having to pay a gunsmith to adjust it. Also, even when adjusted to its lowest setting, the AccuTrigger is completely safe and cannot accidentally discharge during normal use from being jarred or dropped when maintained and adjusted as intended. A newly designed teardrop safety is an additional feature on rifles with the AccuTrigger. It provides for better acquisition of the safety button and operates smoother and quieter.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Enhanced accuracy is another benefit of the Savage AccuTrigger

The crisp, clean light trigger pull allows the shooter to maximize the accuracy potential of the rifle.

How does the AccuTrigger Work
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The AccuTrigger™ is designed with an integrated AccuRelease that must be completely depressed or the rifle cannot fire (See Figures 1 and 2). While pulling the trigger, the AccuRelease is intentionally depressed, which unblocks the sear and allows the rifle to discharge.

[​IMG]
    (Figure 1: AccuRelease must be completely depressed or rifle cannot fire)

[​IMG]

(Figure 2: In case of trigger jar off, AccuRelease blocks sear which prevents rifle from firing.)
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Adjusting the AccuTrigger

Adjustment of the AccuTrigger is easy. Simply remove the stock and rotate the adjustment spring with the tool supplied with the rifle. The AccuTrigger has a single adjustment location (see figures 4 and 5) and is designed so it cannot be adjusted below the minimum setting.

[​IMG]

(Figure 4A: Shows how adjustment spring looks when AccuTrigger is adjusted to minimum trigger pull. 4B: AccuTrigger adjustment tool supplied with rifle.)

[​IMG]

(Figure 5A: Shows how adjustment spring looks when AccuTrigger is adjusted to maximum trigger pull. 5B: AccuTrigger adjustment tool supplied with rifle.)

What Models Feature the AccuTrigger
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The AccuTrigger™ is available in all 12 Series Varmint, Law Enforcement, Muzzleloaders, the Model 40 Varmint Hunter, most centerfire hunting and rimfire models, including the Package Series. The adjustability range varies depending on the model.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In centerfire hunting models, muzzleloaders, the Model 40 Varmint Hunter, and most rimfire models, the AccuTrigger™ is adjustable from approximately 2 1/2 to 6 lbs. In the 12 Series Varmint and Law Enforcement Series, the AccuTrigger is adjustable from approximately 1 1/2 lbs to 6 lbs.

Comparing the AccuTrigger to the Competition
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Savage used sophisticated software to compare objective measurements of their new AccuTrigger™ with competitors’ triggers. These comparisons confirmed there is a graphic and repeatable difference between the AccuTrigger™ and all other triggers tested. This objective method of testing demonstrated the new Savage system has a lighter trigger pull than all the other major brands. In fact, the AccuTrigger™ was lighter than a top-of-the-line imported brand and a custom aftermarket trigger. Testing also revealed the AccuTrigger™ was much smoother, crisper, broke cleaner and demonstrated less creep than any other factory-built trigger tested.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]See and use the future of the industry — the Savage AccuTrigger--the system that makes all others obsolete.[/FONT]

8. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

accutrigger is savage's way of saying - we are still in this business mother fuckers

9. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

I'm pretty much positive there aren't any larger magazines available for Savage rifles. Four in the mag and one in the hole should be enough for a bolt gun, I've never had any complaints about it.

10. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

Yea, back to square one. This one doesnt come in .223. I would really like a detachable mag for a .223 from Savage. :(

11. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

if you want a detachable mag, just get a mini 14. not as accurate, but it depends on what you'd use it for.

12. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

why?

13. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

I like the accuracy. I will mostly use it for target and shooting jugs and tin cans :o

^^ Why I want a detachable mag? It is not VERY important, but if it is offered, I want it. There is just something about stopping to load a few more rounds that kinda irks me. I would rather have a few extra mags laying around already loaded for use.

14. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Do you realize how much extra mags generally cost for most hunting rifles? Usually $40ish :hsugh:

15. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

you can do all those things accurately with a mini 14.

16. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

It takes all of 30 seconds to load 4 rounds into a box magazine. :hsugh:

The only real advantage I see is it's quicker to unload compared to a gun with a blind magazine.

17. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

inexpensive gun in .223 with detach mag I'de rather get a 5.56 AK then a mini14, my mini was the most unaccurate piece of shit i ever had, made my SAR look like a sniper rifle.