I am FUCKING PISSED.... bought wheels for my STI and they're DAMAGED *PICS*

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Accord, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

Last week I bought a set of gold BBS wheels for my STI from the classifieds forum of a popular Subaru online community.

So the wheels arrived today at my doorstep, I open up the first 3 boxes and i'm just blown away at how spectacular they are, I thought I got an awesome deal and these wheels were fucking sweet as hell! Then I get to the 4th box and open it up and I immediately see this GIANT chip on the lip of the wheel more than an inch long! grrrrrrrr :mad:

In the thread, the seller explicitly stated and I quote: "Mint condition NO scratches, dents, or chips."

I paid with a money order, so it's not like I can get Paypal to reverse the transaction or anything, and plus I don't want to return these wheels anyways, I paid $100 to have them shipped to me and there's no way i'm paying another $100 to have them sent back.

I sent the guy an e-mail basically saying that the wheels came today, there's the huge chip, and I want to know what he's going to do to make this right.

I am fucking PISSED.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jaysin

Jaysin New Member

Damn sorry to hear that. That sucks.

3. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

thats not horrible. mount tires on them and put em on your ride, youll completely forget about it in a week. BTW looks like who ever took the tires off was a rookie :mamoru:

4. Accord

Accord New Member

I just looked at the box and it is damaged EXACTLY where the damage on the wheel was and the length of the damage on the box is the exact same length as the damage on the wheel. So some jackass from UPS definitely dropped it.

I just called UPS to file a claim, the damn guy I bought this from only insured each wheel for $200 a piece and a new one is like $550.

If I can get this fixed cheap locally for like 30 bucks i'm just going to do that, because I can't buy a new wheel for only $200 and it'll be impossible to find someone selling just 1 wheel, cheapest I found was $300 on eBay for one damaged worse than mine!

5. Priest Tango

good luck with UPS. i worked for UPS for Xmas rush, and they are cheap as fuck, and will find any way not to pay you. and youll have to be home for every package you ever recieve from them to sign for it. they will NOT just leave it at the doorstep.

6. RICKIEFRAT

RICKIEFRAT La Cosa Nostra

That sucks. Good luck with UPS. Why did the seller insure it so cheap if he knew they were worth more? Hope he helps you out.

7. Accord

Accord New Member

UPS is fucking ridiculous, they want me to do everything ass backwards. I feel like i'm dealing with communist soviet russia. They want to pick the package up, send it half way across the country to be inspected, then send it back to the SHIPPER because company policy is NOT to return it to the recipient when a claim is filed. Then if they approve the claim the SHIPPER receives a check, not me and the SHIPPER gets the wheel back, not me. Totally ass backwards, and to make things even more complicated the guy I bought these from sent it from a UPS shipping center at a Staples store, so technically STAPLES are the shippers and not the guy! So UPS has to deal with Staples and then Staples has to deal with the guy. UPS returns the wheel to STAPLES and not the guy, then if UPS approves the claim they write a check out to STAPLES, how absolutely retarded is that? Then Staples has to write a check to the guy, who then has to cash the check and then write me a check and mail it to me. Fucking ridiculous. I think UPS makes the process so long, tedious, and complicated so people just say fuck it and don't file a claim.

Fucking UPS commie bastards. When I told the UPS customer service rep on the phone how ridiculous this whole process is he has the audacity to actually say that UPS is only concerned with their bottom line! He actually said that to me, I couldn't friggen believe it.

UPS = United Piece of Shit.

I'm just going to buy some BBS touch up wheel paint and fix this myself, fucking UPS bastards.

8. Accord

Accord New Member

I bought the wheels for $600+100 shipping, so basically $700 shipped and he insured it for $800 total, but only $200 per package. If I walked into a dealership and wanted to buy a new wheel, one wheel is about $540 and used ones on eBay in beatup condition go for like $275+, so I got an awesome deal on these, too bad UPS had to fuck it all up.

9. Masta Z

Masta Z FUCK BOSTON

dude...thats extremely minimal

http://fixrim.com/
    good stuff if u want something national. Local places fix it for much cheaper

10. Accord

Accord New Member

$130 to fix a chip? :wtf:

11. sLpFhaWK

sLpFhaWK www.JJiGz.com

Damn man, that sux bout the wheels and i hate ups they fuckin blowwwwwwww soemone shipped me a package and someone stole it from the porch and it was supposed to be signed for and they denied my claim.. fuckin bastudZ!

wish i had my sti still, bought one in dec it was stolen in march talk about luck huh.

good luck w/ yours

12. spectre

spectre New Member

i agree w/ the above that looks pretty minimal. If anything you could touch it up w/ gold and put clear over it so the chip doesn't spread and you won't notice it that much after you mount it on tires and then on your car. Good luck.

13. 88rover

88rover New Member

i agree , but send them back,

14. Priest Tango

i told ya so. good luck with UPS

15. monkeymunzey

monkeymunzey Guest

took me a full year to get money for a high end cell phone they fucking lost.

16. 91RS

91RS If this flag offends you... you need a history les

Yeah, UPS sucks. FedEX and USPS are cheaper, faster, and they handle everything better, I sold the old set of seats out of my car and got them shipped with FedEX for $65. Sucks they damaged your wheel, just get some matching paint and panint over it and once the tire is on it probably won't be very noticeable at all.

That's why I always pernounce it OOPS. BTW, UPS= United Package Smashers.

17. drunkn monki3

drunkn monki3 New Member

damn man sorry to hear that i would be pretty pissed also

18. Snip

Snip Guest

Ouch. I thought I was ganna see the wheels BADLY damaged. That isn't that bad dude, but I guess if it's new it kinda sucks. :(

19. Darth_Swifty

Darth_Swifty New Member

Good Luck, UPS fucks everyone around, I used to do shipping for a local company, and all they did was fuck us and our custoemrs when they screwed stuff up, so we switched to Fed Ex.

Oh and they still owe me $1300.00 for something that was shipped to me personally 2 years ago

20. wat

wat New Member

This is somewhat on topic, but my friend works for UPS and they don't really give a shit about the fragility of their items.. they'll drop whatever and packages bust open every day there.

21. UFO

UFO Evolved

The wheels currently on my car are the 4th set of wheels I purchased as the other 3 sets were returned for damage. In fact, one of the wheels currently on my car was also replaced because it was damaged. Here's some advice: suck it up and get it repaired locally. It's not worth the time and hassle dealing with the shipping company or the shipper. It took me 6 months to get a new set of wheels and I wish I had just had the 3 damaged ones from the first shipment repaired now.

22. vlsi0n

vlsi0n New Member

I agree with topic starter. The seller better do something.

23. XPX

XPX New Member

it's not seller's fault, it's UPS fault

24. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

The wheels were fine when they left. They were damaged when shipped. How would the seller have anything to do with the damaged items?

25. MrJasey

MrJasey OT Supporter

yeah i agree it is UPS' fault.

damage doesnt look THAT bad though but it does still suck.