SRS I am Emotionless

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BradUF, Feb 6, 2005.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

My girl friend said today one of the things that bothers her alot is my lack of emotion. When I am not happy I look so cold. It just bothers me because other people have pointed this out to me. For years I had people ask me if I was depressed. But I am certainly not. Even if things dont work out with my girl friend, it is still something I have to fix. But how do I fix how I feel. I mean sitting around and I suppose to smile all the time or something? If I am not happy then what am I? Nothing, cold. I guess I do carry a frown all the time, but its just the way I look, not feel.

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

You've always seemed kinda depressed to me, and I can't see your face.

3. BradUF

BradUF Guest

How can you seem depressed over the internet? Its not like I post shit.. OO I "tried" to kill my self with a razor again. Or anything.

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

You are profoundly pessimistic, and angry. You seem unhappy, in general. Just letting you know that your face isn't the only thing indicating depression to people.

5. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I am not unhappy. How do I become more full of life? Also, just because someone looks depressed or shows sings of it. Does not mean they are depressed.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2005
  6. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

EliteLamer, I know what you are talking about. You are just hard-wired this way. To get around this you will have to lern to "act". practice smiling and looking relaxed.
    Read some stuff on body language. Your acting skills will help these people that lack the capacity to understand you become relaxed. There a a lot of people out there like this, so help them navigate through their ignorance.

7. I think that fact that you're experiencing this numbness may be directly tied to something in your past that probably instilled in you a concept that it was "not ok to feel." I may be wrong - but if you'd like to talk about it, or think there are times in your past when you felt you didn't have that right, then perhaps it may open some new insight for you.

8. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I have learned to do this over the years and I suck at acting. I dont get angry and I dont want people to think I am a pushover so sometimes when small things happen even tho I am not angry, I get pissed off and make it a big deal. Thats another thing my girlfriend says. I take things to extreme or show nothing at all.

9. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Also that site is great.. Is there a site just on nonfeeling? Or a name for it or something.

10. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

In Russia, I had to learn to walk around with a frown on my face. If you walk around smiling, then people think you're stupid and strange. There, you're supposed to smile when you have something to smile about, and not otherwise. When I got back, everyone was smiling in alot of situations, but I wouldn't. It took me some time to get used to it here, again.

Advice: Move to Moscow.

11. BradUF

BradUF Guest

That solution is almost as good as your classic. Go see a doctor, get prozac and forget your problems.

12. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

What a sweet reply there. Its always so clear just how happy, well adjusted and positive you are. We all envy your attitude, and the life it is sure to deliver ;)

13. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I bet you have the most peachy attitude too. How many pills does it take a day to acquire one like that?

14. johan

johan Active Member

You express yourself through your words. The person behind the words comes through pretty clearly to a perceptive reader.

15. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I don't take any pills. But way to go in expressing joy, once again, through yet another joyous post. ;) Yessir, you're happy as a clown, and thats plain for anyone to see. :ugh:

16. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I am happy but you seemed convinced I am not. I have everything I need and want. I have nothing to be unhappy about.

17. johan

johan Active Member

And yet you seem like you are. Odd.

Can you remember the last time you were truly happy? Maybe that's unfair. I wonder just how many people could.

18. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

When you lash out, and post in anger, as you always seem to do here, it doesn't express, "I am happy." If you are happy, then maybe work on the way you express yourself?

Then again, I'm not even sure you're supposed to be happy during adolesence.

19. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

I am enjoying this subtle flame war. :)

20. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

I am probally a non-feeling personality. I used to be a pushover but not anymore. I am just bored with shit in general and nothing really excites me enough to show emotion anymore. I am capable of it but only when it's called for. Then again I'm kind of in and out of depression.

21. BradUF

BradUF Guest

How old do you think I am? 16? Anyways I said I am not unhappy, but I am not happy either. I am just cold.

22. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

18? 19?

Coldness is the definition of depression. After you're sad for a while, you just stop feeling much of anything...

23. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:dunno: are your parents emotional people? my parents aren't very emotional...well, my dad is more emotional than my mother. then again, my mother has been through a lot in her life. she had to grow up young and take care of her 4 brothers, so i just think that she pushed emotion to the side and went about her day.

anyways... my point? my best friend often tells me that i don't express my feelings very often. he's right, tho. very few people have seen me cry. sometimes i keep my anger bottled up inside, and other times i let it out. it just depends on when the cup runneth over. ;) people can sometimes tend to tell i'm pissed off because i don't talk. :rofl: then again, i've been told that if i don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. however, i'm not one that goes around expecting people to listen to my vents. i'm just not open with a lot of people... period. i've been that way my whole life.

:dunno: i think that part of me acquired this through genetics. who knows, maybe you are the same way. :)

maybe you should try writing in a journal :). try being more open with people that you know you can trust, ie your girl friend.

good luck!

24. REEPER

REEPER New Member

I am also somewhat in the same boat though I prefer to call it indifference. Due to my philosophies that formed naturally based on my perspective of life, it's almost impossible for me to take myself, life or anyone else seriously. In short, the fact that there's no sort of conscious intention behind the fundamental laws of the universe prove to me that we're not the result of any sort of conscious concept ie creation. Therefore the concept of value/importance is local to the human scope and has no "meaning" as we define it beyond our existence. All this to state that our existence is void of importance/value in my eyes. This shows that the concept of importance is not a fundamental one and as such I'm somewhat lost in day to day activities. I don't actively remind myself of this, it's my intuitional understanding of reality so I can't work up a sweat over anything. I can no longer desire when I can't place value on anything and as such I can no longer be momentarily happy once I've obtained it, nor can I be disappointed when I haven't.
    Now I suppose this can be percieved as a form of depression but even if it is, I fail to see how any sort of professional could possibly make me see things differently. I can imagine feelings of elation could only be stimulated via medication in my case but I would rather not become dependant on any such thing.
    I don't wish to hijack this thread, merely propose the possibility that others, such as this ot'er, might have also intuitively percieved reality the same way as I have allowing it to affect their behavior without having taken the time to analyse themselves to find out why. Then again this guy can function to the point that he's got a girlfriend so he might have different reasons for being reserved, most people consider me to be a robot.

25. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Most of the people here that have posted feel about the same way I feel and I dont think any of us think we are depressed. Depression is sadness, we dont feel sad, happy or angry. The last time I think I felt happy like all the time was the 5th grade. Once you releazie there is not anymore to life and there is nothing more, whats there to be happy or sad about. Lets see, I grad high school then go to 4 years of college or more. Then work the rest of my life.