SRS I am at my breaking point

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Phazel, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phazel

Phazel Active Member

Apr 23, 2004
    Said I'd never post here again due to the fact Coottie is the "know it all" and you are shit

I am a bit sad cos i spent a while typing only ot be told i used a "nasty" word.So I am reallly confused as to their defintion of "Nasty" word but so my fingers dont fall off,i will be VERY discreet i guess we can say-
    Finally to my point/question.I do need to tell you what Med's i am on at this time,what Med's i have or can have so you can get my problem and please i hope someone has some good news for me because i am scared.

I am in a Methadone clinic for H-addiction(i think THAT maybe was their "Nasty" word??)
    Anyway I am on 180 Mg's of Meth,and have been on Methadone in the clinic for 4 1/2 years.
    I am also taking about 8 Mg's of Xanax a day (4 sticks-the Oblong breakable Xanax,I'm sure you know)

But incase my Mg thing isn't right with that,Thats how many I am taking.
    Ok,so nows here the problem,my clinic doesnt allow us to use Benzo's-so I mess around the Urine tests-I have to cause they will kick me off the clinic,
    But the REAL bigger problem is i just want off of them totally.They've ruined my life.I've become Nasty,amoung many things,and I have no doctor so i have to rely on the street to supply me-so every day its russian roulette-you know?
    so HOW can i do this by myself without a hospital-because like I said my clinic cannot know-AND i have a child i CANNOT loose,and i AM a single dad,with No family to take care of my baby if i went in to a treatment place for I am all on my own hopefully i can get some advice to make me feel better all I haerd is horror stories i;m tired of it..
    Ok,now i was on Paxil,and Trazadone before i got hooked on the Xanax.And i also was given some Klonodin-the Blood Pressure pill's-I was told they give them to people's detoxing off of Benzo's,but ehy make me feel very very sick so I dont know how that even can work.
    So my questions are-

*Of course 1st one is what is the best way to do this?
    *Should I slowly taper off?-although i need to do it alittle faster because like I've stated I have NO doctor for this,so ANY day i could have alot less then usual-
    *Should I taper off-But with using another medication-like the Klonodin-do they work for that?
    *Also HOW fast can or DO i taper off them,and''''
    *What about starting the Trazadone to help me sleep,and/or the Paxil also?
    *Will being on such a high dosage of Methadone help me in ANY way with the withdrawl PAIN?someone said that to me once...
    *Having a seizure scares me the most,how likely is that,that it can happen?

So i think that about wraps it up,i pray that one of oyu has some or alot of you has MANY suggestions,ideas,knowledgeable experience in this situation..after reading a few of the other posts you all seem very cool,so please please please please somehow,someway,someONE help,before I loose the rest a my life and self...
    Now if I said ANY "NASTY" words i am sorry,really---ANd to all who read this thankyou also,just writing helps..

cliffs i am at my breaking point
  2. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    I was on Methadone for quite a while, it can be a very dangerous drug..especially mixed with Benzos. If you aren't prescribed the benzos then why are you taking them?

I personally wouldn't bother with tapering off that stuff, it's too dangerous to do it by yourself. First thing you need to do is go talk with a drug & alcohol counselor. Tell them EVERYTHING. Don't leave a single thing out. They've pretty much heard it all and can steer you in the right direction.
  3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Jun 6, 2006
    Huh? I'm a know it all? Not hardly. I'm just trying to share my experience strength and hope with others.

And I'm shit? Uhm...ok but there's no reason to be rude.

Sorry if I have offended you in the past but I honestly don't know where that would have happened.
  4. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

It's really the only solution for you it sounds.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.