MIL I am a Protocol Officer

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kazimer, Apr 10, 2006.

1. kazimer

kazimer New Member

when people joked taht i would be getting coffee as a 2LT working staff i didnt believe it. i am basically everyone's bitch now

oh well its actually a pretty cool job and it gives me time to put in my transfer to aviation :wiggle:

2. burton564

burton564 New Member

last week i was just walkin around the office bored out of my mind. the major asked me to get him some coffee, i didn't give a shit he had shit to do i didn't. hes not a bad guy, while i'm getting it my CW5 sees me, and i don't drink coffee and he knows it. so my CW5 takes it from me, and takes it to the major, and now ever since then i get some dirty looks from the major. i'm not sure what was said, but i'm sure it wasn't good

3. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

getting coffee > kicking boxes

4. emanuel

emanuel OT Supporter

wtf do you actually do.

5. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

Damn, don't ya hate it when someone "intervenes" on ur behalf when there was nothing that needed intervention ? If you worked a civilian job you could just go up to him and you could discuss your feelings on the matter, oh well. Seriously tho that does suck.

6. burton564

burton564 New Member

yeah it sucks but i don't care, its just the major. the CW5 seriously hates officers, so he pretty much does what he can to piss them off and bitch at them. The great thing is that no one argues with him, and i mean no one.

7. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

:rofl: a fucking officer who thinks hes everyones bitch

get the fuck out of here with that shit man

8. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

Just the Major hahaha you say that to any of my candidate buddies and it's like saying "it's just the Pope" to a devout Catholic who goes to confessional for jaywalking.

9. eter

eter New Member

:hsugh: everybody has a boss man... your statement doesn't make any sense. sometimes I wonder if there isn't any underlying jealousy.. you know, if being an officer is so easy, and you think can make everyone your bitch right when you hit 2LT, just get your degree and become one.

10. kazimer

kazimer New Member

i make sure the generals and colonels have coffee, water, and cookies for their meetings.
    i make name tags, seating charts, do the logistics for distinguished guest visits. i set up the flags in the conference rooms etc etc

in fact ive gotta run now because we have to set up for a meeting

11. burton564

burton564 New Member

like i give a shit about an o-4, they are a dime a dozen around here. they realize who does the work and who pushes the papers. the aviation branch in the army, is not like normal military. not even close.

12. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Personal Servitude ftl

13. kazimer

kazimer New Member

your guess is as good as mine
    despite the bullshit its not a bad job :hsugh:

i signed up to take the AFAST today so hopefully i will be in flight school after my tour here is over :x:

14. kazimer

kazimer New Member

:rolleyes:
    everyone ends up doing paperwork at some point in their career

15. burton564

burton564 New Member

yeah a little bit maybe, like every conversation that has been had on here. My unique rank makes me immune to most military bullshit. so my paper pushing will be limited.

16. evan2

evan2 Guest

protocol people are usually womens..........................get a skirt

17. evan2

evan2 Guest

and lets be real, what else are fresh young LTs good for? nothing until we break them in

18. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

way off buddy, in his post he said he feels like hes everyones bitch
    if youre that much of a fucking idiot that you cant see through that enough to realize that he probly doesnt need any sympathy just because hes not the head honcho...then youre just plain ignorant
    And why the fuck do you assume that wanting to be an officer means that you want to make people your bitches? Yes i am working on it but that is far from the reason.

19. emanuel

emanuel OT Supporter

how do you like being stationed in korea?

20. kazimer

kazimer New Member

i like being in korea. i am in the northern sector closer to the DMZ so we have a bit more rules than others...but the people here are very cool so it makees up for it. i actually wanted to be posted right on JSA. i think that would be an interesting experience

this sounds like it sucks...but in all honesty it has shown me lots of things it would normally take years to find out. in terms of army operations, actually getting the duty assignment of choice. basically i have learned who the real movers and shakers are so to speak.

also as a 2LT this job has helped thicken my skin to BS rants from higher. going through OCS and OBC we onnly dealt with majors at the most and talking to them was a bit weird due to the rank difference and perceived power of the major. once i finally take over a platoon i wont stumble and make even more of an ass of myself when battalion commanders and above visit our training and see how we are doing. apparently 2LTs have had a track record of hiding from the brass.

wwho knows we are all different and value experiences in our point of view. i enjoy protocol despite what it consists of :hs:

21. eter

eter New Member

:crying: :mamoru:

22. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

haha exactly:sadwavey: