MIL I am 17 years old and thinking of joining the Navy.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Omniform, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Omniform

Omniform Guest

I really wanted to join the Air Force, I have been talking to the AF recruiter here and was about to do delayed enlistment program when I got arrested.

I have 4 misdemeanors, 2 of them are drug offenses which cuts me out of the Air Force.

I talked to a Navy recruiter last Friday for almost 5 hours. He can't sign me up for the early enlistment program yet since I have 2 charges pending (Driving under restricted license and drug paraphanalia) but once that is all cleared up I might. My parents have hired an attorney to help me.

I took the preliminary ASVAB test and I scored an 80, which my recruiter informed me was harder than the real ASVAB and I'll probably score around an 85 or 90 on the real one. Signed up to take it this Wednesday actually.

I'm a little scared of how my history of drugs and stuff is gonna go over when I do sign up and have to talk to the recruiting officer. My 4 charges are Minors in Posession of Alcohol, Possesion of Marijuana Under 20 grams, Driving under restricted license, and Drug Paraphanalia.

Any advice would be helpful. Is there anyone here in the Navy that can help me cut through the bullshit, because I know the recruiters arent always 100% honest. I have a few questions to ask to anyone who is an active enlistment and can help me out.

2. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

it's going to be a lot a lot a lot of paperwork to waive all your previous drug related issues. to be honest, it won't be your recruiter that ultimately determines if you get to enlist, it will be based on a board in washington DC. but with that said the amount of legwork then the recruiter does for you will aide your success at being accepted so if anything make sure you talk and communicate to your recruiter often so that he has a good grasp on you personally in order to help you.

3. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

there is no way to cut through the bullshit, especially if you enlist, there is nothing but bullshit to deal with

dont join if you cant handle dealing with assloads of bullshit

4. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Try the Marine Corps, you'll fit right in.

5. whitecouch

whitecouch spendin' our golden years in OT Supporter

Three years ago you could have been accepted into the Air Force. All of this Force Shaping stuff is definitely hurting in that no one seems to get a second chance anymore. I got in with waivers for two felonies that they later said they couldn't even find in my sealed records. I am not saying that you could get in for sure but it could happen. Where are you from? I know a lot of prior Navy and I could probably hook you up with one of them if you needed to ask some questions.

6. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

wow. five replies and no one has said it yet. :hsugh:

7. Jyokker

:werd: I know this guy that has connections, and while I have never done it, I heard he can move mountains for a bj. His name is Ran... I'll wait for you to get a pen and paper... ...R-A-N-G-E-R-A-O

8. GET GOT

GET GOT Rectum Wrecker

:rolleyes: From what I've seen your perfect Navy material.

9. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

Are you Accord?

10. Dutchies

Dutchies OT's resident abortion professor

I got in on a waiver for underage possesion of alcohol, and a tattoo. :mamoru:

11. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

The Marine recruiter blew me off when I told him I had a DUI. :wtc:

12. Omniform

Omniform Guest

Wow, thanks for all of your help :ugh:

13. Omniform

Omniform Guest

The Air Force recruiter brushed me off, but the Navy wants me real bad.

14. darnit

darnit New Member

No, we just need more paint chippers.. your perfect for that.;)

15. Jyokker

nonrate?

16. Ranger-AO

Okay, I'll say it.

You are a fuckup. You have no respect for the rule of law, personal responsibility, working within established boundaries, or apparently anything else that would remotely indicate that you have some hope of becoming a productive member of the military. There are enough marginal performers in the service and why the fuck should I give a rats ass about helping you to bump that number up by one? You mentioned nothing about taking responsibility for working yourself out of the pile of shit you made for yourself. You said nothing about learning from your mistakes. You gave no indication that you have reformed yourself or that you have made any fucking changes in your core values. What kind of personal integrity would I have if I busted my ass to get some shitbag past the gates so he could become a shitbag with a uniform? Yeah. I said it. You are a fuckup, and I for one will do nothing to help you until you give me some indication that you are no longer a fuckup.

Personal integrity. Get some.

17. Tycoon

Tycoon New Member

Argh, just what the Military needs.

Another fuck up in life.

18. Team Bob

Team Bob New Member

The Marine Corps sure as hell doesn't want anyone that's going to get someone else killed cause they're a dumbass. So don't go there.

19. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

20. BobG

BobG Fuchs.

inblongbullshitstoryofhimturninghislifearound

21. whitecouch

whitecouch spendin' our golden years in OT Supporter

actions speak louder than words. I've been squeaky clean for over three years. Last thing I had was a speeding ticket and before that it was a few years back to another speeding ticket. In that time I've done many great things to turn my life around. All I can say is get to work:x:

22. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

i was a pretty bad kid, but i had a clean record cause i was lucky
    and i realized that and made a 180 when i joined

23. Ranger-AO

I have still not seen one word from the thread starter that indicates that he wants to change his ways. All that I have seen is that he wants to find a way to get into the military in spite of what he does.

24. LTJfan513

LTJfan513 New Member

truth, the Navy feels the need to make themselves more important so be ready to do alot of bullshit for no reason. But if you look past that its wonderful

25. LTJfan513

LTJfan513 New Member

I wont hound you too bad because by wanting in it shows me that you want to do something. I did everything you got busted for, before joining. However I had alot better luck. If you want in get clean and dont be stupid. If you drink underage now chances are you wont stop until you are 21, be smart about it if you join. Most of all regardless of what job you do or what branch you end up joining, work your ass off. IF you do fuck up it will only help you in the end.