A&P I always feel :noes: moving into a new subject.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by FindersKeepers, Dec 29, 2008.

1. FindersKeepers

FindersKeepers New Member

I always feel :noes: moving into a new subject.

I know i can do it, and do it fine, I'm just always sorta weird feeling when I do something new

Wednesday my first ever Bridal shoot... I've done lots of engagements, and typically they are TONS of fun and easy as pie to make people happy with a bit of PP, I can talk to anyone and make jokes about anything so its easy to make people look natural.

HOWEVER.....

Having never done bridals, and I typically dont go into Downtown tampa very often, looks like im spending the next two nights scoping places out! :noes:

Wish me luck and this will be one of the few things I post. :o

2. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

becareful where you go. Youw ill either get a trespassing warning or possibly get mugged for your equipment.

Get a pass from UT's dean and shoot there. Shit is baller.

Or you can try to do something i have always wanted to do, And use the amphitheater and make good use of the steps for yoru composition.

Remember with Bridal formals, its different than engagements, make sure you get the details in the dress, If they are blown the shot is lost, the point of the shoot is to show how elegant the bride is in her gown, but the gown is just as important as she is.

3. FindersKeepers

Hmmm didnt think of the amphitheater, good idea! Seen that area before.

Will go talk to the deans office tonight, thanks for that tip

4. johan

johan Active Member

what about going to the new location beforehand and doing a shoot as a run through.
    since its a formal bridal and all, don't imagine the bride will be too cool with a reshoot request.

The actual shoot should be just running through your paces. all the weird gotchas are already worked out.
    good time to pre-think your angles, do a mini storyboard for it.

I think part of being professional is keeping those ...ummmm let me think about this... moments to a minimum.
    Engenders trust.

5. FindersKeepers

The nice thing is, her actual wedding, I've shot at that venue for Engagements plenty (Hollis Gardens in Lakeland FL) back when I was doing primarily film.

I still love to do film but I'm trying to step deeper into digital as its just phenominal to work with.

I really need to get some of my past work posted up :o

6. Bloke

Bloke Banned

really? teach me the appeal of digital. i was actually thinking of getting an enlarger this year. i cant imagine theres any digital equilivant of the satisifaction of wet printing

7. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

time is money

I still shoot film occasionally but only for fun, Never for work. shit is too expensive and takes too long. But there is nothing like processing your own print from start to finish.

8. Bloke

Bloke Banned

black and white is still cheap, but yeah i guess if you are like me and use lots of slide film it can add up. still doesnt compare to a new digital body.
    one can of these http://cgi.ebay.com/Kodak-Plus-X-52...QitemZ300282803890QQptZFlimQQsalenotsupported would last quite some time and economical
    well 100' is 72 36exp rolls about so...

9. FindersKeepers

Bolded is exactly why.

Time IS money... I can do Double/Triple the amount of stuff digitally compared to Film, as well as send it where it needs to be sent TONS quicker.

and I love the new challenge, I love to learn.. Digital is a bit different setting up but the same all around.

10. FindersKeepers

Cancelled and going to reschedule for the weekend, she had something come up :mad: