SRS I almost hit 100 days without alcohol

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BillyJackNCoke, Nov 16, 2006.

1. BillyJackNCoke

BillyJackNCoke I've got something to say, I raped your mother tod

I decided on August 6th that I was going to stop drinking. I was at the point where everytime I drank I got shitface drunk and blacked out. There was never an in between with me. Since I was 19 (I'm 22 now) I'd get drunk atleast 3 times a week. Then after I turned 20 and was in Japan I'd drink everyday. Most of the time it was b/c I was having a bad day at work, and to celebrate something. Well I quit pretty much cold turkey. Most people say to stay away from alcohol but I still had a case of beer and a bottle of Jack Daniels in my fridge the whole time. I still went out to bars with friends, but instead I'd get a water, and I was the DD. I even have fun when I do that. At first I felt lame b/c most people knew me for my random crazy drunkness, but I started cutting loose and doing stupid stuff sober.

This past weekend I went out to a concert and I had one beer....it was kind of a test for me, I had that one and it tasted great, but it satisfied me. I didn't feel like I needed to get drunk. So all in all I think I've finally beat alcoholism

2. MrJClive

MrJClive OT Supporter

Good luck with that, bro. And I'm not be sarcastic. If you really are alcoholic and eventually learn to drink like a "normal" gentleman again you'd be the first person I've ever had an exchange with that truely beat alcoholism. Everytime I told myself the same thing I'd end up back to the same ways, but worse.

3. red_fox

red_fox New Member

Congrats!

4. Create

Create :free at last:

This man speaks the truth. I've heard first person dozens of stories. Not one person succeeded in drinking in moderation. Oh, it can work for a few weeks, maybe even a few months.

I think of alcoholism as a house fire. There's no point in putting out half, or even three quarters of the fire. The result is the same: a burnt down house. It just takes longer to burn.

It's pointless for me to go on.

Damn.

5. Create

Create :free at last:

Ban this guy from this subforum.

6. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

good luck with that

7. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

If you're going to quit, then QUIT!

8. Metal

Metal Active Member

Alcoholism can not be beaten... therefore you may be non-alcoholic if you can control your drinking.

9. Grouch

Grouch Guest

win for you!

10. Freonthewhite

Freonthewhite FrEoN OT Supporter