MMA I admire MacDonald's determination...

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Sammo, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Sammo

Sammo New Member

But if he fights Franklin like it says in the mmaweekly rumour section I think he's going to get smashed. I think he overrates his striking ability as was seen against Leben and I don't think he would be able to submit Franklin either.

2. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

Agreed, MacDonald's standup is atrocious. He should really be coming to Calgary instead of Edmonton for his standup, we have a really good Muay Thai gym here.

I hope Franklin comes back in his classic form of basically bullying his oppponent around the cage. I'd like to see a classic knockout.

I know Franklin has a brown belt in BJJ from Gurgel, however I haven't seen him much on the ground. The times he did go to the ground with Loiseau, he did look very slick though. How do you think he can fair against MacDonald?

3. Kuet

Kuet New Member

dude no contest, franklin SHOULD murder him ....
    i thought leben was handily ( albeit sloppilly ) winning that fight.... then he got the choke, his weak striking will be exposed by somebody like franklin though....

4. flamingsnowball

flamingsnowball Only once the drugs are done...

wait so he has two fights then gets a title shot? swick should get one before him

5. Sammo

Sammo New Member

Franklin isn't the champ anymore, man :hs:

6. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

why would mcdonald get to fight franklin before swick, unless they are looking to set up a swick v franklin fight with that fight, then a title bout for the winner.

7. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

But who would fight Silva in the meantime? I'd like to see Swick fight Silva, and Franklin versus winner of Lister/Marquardt (after MacDonald), could be interesting. Rich would definately benefit from a few tough fights, before facing Silva again to sharpen his game plans and his standup.

I think Franklin/Swick is a lose-lose unless it's for the title. Both are popular/hyped fighters, and it would be a bit of a waste if it was just for a chance at the title.

8. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

anderson has to fight the TUF guy...then im sure he could go 2 ppv's with out a fight then a big rematch or swick fight.

9. RMarks

RMarks New Member

I think Franklin needs 2-3 good wins before he should be considered a title contender. I think Marquardt, if he beats Lister should have the next shot at the title.

10. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

marquart or swick, both have won a bunch of fights latley and probably deserve the shot, I will agree that Franklin should have at least 2 good showings to get a shot at the title.

11. flamingsnowball

flamingsnowball Only once the drugs are done...

my bad. i completely fazed out. im embarassed