SRS I actually tried to get some help today :(

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Kerberos, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Kerberos

Kerberos New Member

Today I actually made the effort to go to the counselling office at my school and tried to talk to a counsellor. I was like crying and looked like shit and went there and asked if I could see a counsellor. They told me that they couldn't see me today and that they could only see me, at the earliest time in 2 weeks. Seriously, this is the last time I even try to go for help.:wtc:

2. Kerberos

Kerberos New Member

I'm in canada, which means that I have no family doctor, and that the only way I can even see a doctor is to wait for at least 8 hours in a clinic or an emergency room only to be laughed at because my problems are psychological. Even if I had a family doctor, I could probably only get an appointment in like 2 or 3 months.

3. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Canada sucks.

4. Kerberos

Kerberos New Member

Yeah, Canada is pretty lame. Actually, maybe it's just the province of Quebec. There are probably some other things I can do, but after this incident I'm drained and cynic. I mean if some people who are paid to pretend to care cannot even do their job properly.

5. B00M

B00M I speak of peace while covert enmity

Don't give up. It wasn't a rejection of you personally. Go ahead and make the appt. for two weeks from now.

6. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Even though health care is free the system is all fucked up. I heard doctors leave Canada to work in the US because they get paid like twice as much.

7. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Yes it sucks that they turned you away even when you were upset but don't give up. Keep looking for a counselor, perhaps call the counselors at your school directly and tell them what happened and you actually have an emergency need to see them.

8. surferrosa

surferrosa New Member

At my school we can call the university police and request to make an appointment with an on-call counselor. I completely agree with Admiral. Make the appointment, and if you need to talk to someone right now, there are hotlines, and maybe your university police have an on-call counselor.

9. Kerberos

Kerberos New Member

I set up an appointment anyways.

And I have no family or friends.