MMA I <3 James Thompson

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Optamix, May 21, 2008.

1. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Good sense of humor.

James Thompson & Boondock - May 20th, 2008

Boondock: James, you have a huge fight versus Kimbo Slice coming up and a lot of people want to know how you're doing. Are you feeling good and healthy?

James Thompson: Yeah, I'm feeling great… Training hard and everything's coming together. I'm really looking forward to the fight.

Boon: What was your reaction when you were first offered the fight versus Kimbo and learned it'd be on national television in America?

James: I was obviously really pleased as I knew the fight would be on CBS, but I was a little shocked as I thought Buzz Berry would end up fighting him after his win against Ken Shamrock. I know they think I'll be a perfect opponent for Kimbo, that I'll come in, look scary, then get knocked out… but this doesn't bother me at all as it's such a massive chance to put me back on track in the biggest possible way!

Boon: Honestly James, do you think it's fair you have to fight Kimbo and his beard at the same time?

James: No, not really. I think Kimbo's beard has got a life of it's own, and after I win, it should count as two victories!

Boon: Have you considered growing a beard of your own for this match?

James: Yeah I did consider it for about 0.2 seconds. …then came to my senses

Boon: I heard you had a role on “Gladiators UK” and you were actually getting ready to start filming when you were offered this fight, was it a hard decision?

James: MMA is my career and what I love doing, so when someone offers you what will be the most watched MMA fight to date, it was really a no brainer. Gladiators would have been fun, but beating Kimbo will be much more satisfying.

Boon: I got to know, what was your name going to be on the Gladiators show.

James: THE DESTROYER!!!

Boon: You've had numerous big fights, which fight did you feel the most pressure; Yoshida, Frye, or Kimbo?

James: As I was the underdog in all these fights, don't feel the pressure as much as if I was the favorite. But if I had to choose, I’d say Kimbo due to the scale of it

Boon: So then being the underdog doesn’t bother you all that much?

James: With me loosing my last two fights I can see why people might not have a massive amount of confidence in me, but I'm truly shocked by the amount of people that have bought into the “Kimbo hype.” It doesn't bother me and in factI prefer being the underdog

Boon: Overall how's the training going?

James: Training’s going great. Just drilling things over and over, getting fitness up and sparring a lot.

Boon: Anything specific you're working on in preparation for Kimbo?

James: Not really, just trying to fix the holes in my defense and just all of the above.

Boon: Kimbo's famous for his non-sanctioned backyard brawls, how many street and backyard brawls do you think you've been involved in?

James: I’ve been in untold amounts of unsanctioned fights and I’m just kicking myself that I didn't have someone filming them all as I'd be a rich man by now!

Boon: Besides a shaving kit, what's your best weapon against a guy like him?

James: Bread dosed with sleeping tablets. But honestly, I think the best weapon against a guy like Kimbo is an all round MMA game.

Boon: Anything you want to say to your fans out there?

James: Thanks for all the continued support, special thanks to everyone on the WarWagon. There have been ups and downs, but come may 31st, I’m taking it to another level.

Boon: Anything you want to say to the Kimbo fans and those who've written you off?

James: DVD'S OWN YOUTUBE!

Boon: Thanks James.

James: Cheers Boondock

Find James Thompson’s website @ :: THE COLOSSUS :: Official Website of James Thompson ::

2. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

lol at dvd's own youtube, at least he's got a sense of humor about himself

3. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

he's always been a funny and nice guy. I get why people have no confidence in him, but he is a hard guy to root against.

4. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I love kimbo.

I love James.

I will be happy with who ever wins as long as its a good fight.

Both have the power to end the fight.

I figure James might come out with some GnP. I would really like to see how Kimbo handles it.

5. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

yeah i think this will be the first time we'll see kimbo on the ground, james has the strength to muscle him to the cage and get the takedown from there. Although i think Kimbo will come in bigger and stronger than thompson. Thompson has been getting smaller and smaller as hes competing in the usa

6. Kozzy McKoz

Kozzy McKoz OT Supporter

James should definitely take this to the ground. His brain doesnt need any more concussions

7. RMarks

RMarks New Member

I always knew you were a bit fruity

8. Kuet

Kuet New Member

kimbo is NOT bigger or stronger than thompson. Thompson is HUGE.

9. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

He's huge alright, but I don't see the power in his hands that one would assume Thompson's got from his size. He's whaled on Yoshida and Frye and both took his shots for over 5 min. Fujita is an exception but he practically let Thompson tire himself out on his face before dismantling him.

I see James getting KO'd in the first after repeated attempts at takedowns.

10. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

he seems like a good buy, I think he will do much better then most think he will in this fight

11. Diabolist

Diabolist New Member

id love to see him win.. does he actually have a real chance.. i dont know much about him..

12. jonk

jonk lol

james is god

13. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

lol

i have more respekt for him after that interview

unfortunately, it's respekt outside of the ring

14. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

yeah, i think kimbo is a little bit bigger muscle wise, his shoulders are bigger but thompson is taller. So i guess you're right, thompson is bigger

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

lol I've seen some really odd fighter worship but James Thompson? Jesus :rofl:

16. Kuet

Kuet New Member

either you changed you av to post this specific post or you just have JT as you av, either way- youre a few bunch.

17. Beepsandbuzzes

Beepsandbuzzes New Member

Seriously, that beard HAS to absorb some of a punch.

18. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Why does kimbo only have chest hair on his right pectoral?

19. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

i just noticed he has a johnny walker tattoo :rofl:

20. jonk

jonk lol

ha i've had this av forever