MMA Hypothetically..

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Gogoplata, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

If the Penn Sanchez fight would have made it to the final bell - what would you have scored the fight?

50-43

1s and 5th as 10-8

Although Penn dominated 2,3,4 - I don't think that they were 10-8's.. Would anyone say it was worse that 50-43?

2. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

i gave penn 10-8 the first, the 5th, the way it was going, if it wouldn't have ended with a cut, i think the judges would have scored it a 10-9 but we don't know what could have happened in the last few minutes, Diego could have flurried or Penn could have flurried, and that would make the difference between a 10-9 and a 10-8 in the last round imo

3. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

thats what he gets for having Saulo as his cornerman :rofl: Stick to BJJ brah, stick to bjj

4. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Stick to BJJ against the Mundials champ who has submitted legit black belts in the past 3 years brah, stick to bjj against him

Really Riberio?

5. teep

teep New Member

stick to diving straight in with the same combination over and over again...

6. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

Saulo Jackson, master game planner

7. GeeGee

GeeGee New Member

LOL@ Saulo. Dude must really be full of himself to corner a big mma fight like that with no experience.

"Ok diego.. now you really have to go for that takedown."

WTF was up with him telling Diego to do the exact same shit over and over again that obviously wasn't working. His gameplans are about as good as Jorge Gurgels.

8. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

Who do you guys think had the best game-plan against bj at 155?

Generally speaking, against high level grapplers (and I'd say bj would be as high as you can get at 155 in the ufc), you do NOT want to pull guard or be on bottom. I feel like most of his opponents felt the same, and wanted to either take him down or strike. The possibility of sweeping him from bottom or something of that nature was out of the question.

So realistically either beat him on his feet in terms of strikes and avoid his take downs, or try balls out to take him down... all of his opponents have done the latter I think...

9. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

The problem is, bj has such good takedown defense. There's no great wrestlers at 155 excpt for sherk, and he thinks he is a boxer.

10. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Gray Maynard disagrees

11. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

didn't he train with BJ for a time? Depending on how their sparring sessions went he may or may not have the confidence to recklessly shoot for that takedown, but I think him training with BJ he'll know it's gonna be tough so he'll wait and try to set it up at wich point he's gonna get jabbed back on TUF

12. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

He'll fair worse than Sanchez did. Only difference is that he'll get lucky enough to be put away with an RNC in the second round.

13. HouseLing

Maynard would be wrong.

14. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Maynard doesn't have the hands, chin or jiu jitsu defense to hang with Penn.

His wrestling is good. BJ has brought Gray into his camp for Sherk and his camp for GSP to practice his takedown defense.

15. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

Gray is overrated. BJ would destroy him.

Not sure why, but i would love to see Joachim vs. BJ. Granted hellboy would get choked the fuck out, but before it hits the ground i think it could be the most competitive fight for BJ.

16. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

on the feet - hansen has the hands and chin to deal with Penn.. Once it goes to the floor though.. :wtc::wtc::wtc:

17. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

Maynard is definitely a great wrestler. Possibly the best wrestler at 155, he needs to fight sherk though

18. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

There has been absolutely NO talk about Tyson Griffin in the past few months..

I've heard Edgar, Maynard, KenFlo and Sherk.. But nothing on Tyson.. I think Tyson would get his fucking head split but I'm surprised no one is saying him. People were really hot on his nuts for a minute - that bandwagon died apparently.

19. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

yeah it died when a washed up Sherk beat him decisively and then the same Sherk got beat as decisively when he fought Edgar who already gave Griffin a sound beating. No title shot for Tyson until he redeems one of those two losses IMO

20. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

:rofl:

I am a big fan of Tyson, him and sherk seem to have gone low-profile for 2009. I am not sure how I feel, but Maynard and Edgar should probably have shots at BJ sometime soon... but there should also be a rematch between edgar and tyson.

The champs at 155, 170, and 185 are just too dominant lol

21. roose

roose Guest

50-44, with a 10-8 first.

Griffin, Maynard, and Edgar will all get wrecked by BJ.

UFC needs to get Hansen, Aoki, or Alvarez in there with the coconut.

22. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

It's crazy to think that Machida is the champ most likely to lose his belt in the next couple years.

Dominant champs are good for the sport, i'm loving seeing these guys wreck shop.

23. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

fuck... yes.....

qft!

24. HouseLing

akoi would be retarded. he already just trys to pull guard against other people, what do you think he is going to do when bj hits him in the face?

25. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

Diego was headbutting BJ's fists throughout the fight

50-44 Sanchez