SRS Hypnotherapy v. Anyone done it?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by redna, Jun 10, 2006.

1. redna

redna New Member

I'm not sure how i got started on this idea, but it's been pulsing in my brain for about 3 weeks now. LAtely I have found it very hard to get motivated in virtually all aspects of my life. I see where i want to be, but dont have the desire to get there... if that makes sense..

Anyhow, I was reading an article in Mens Health about a fitness trainer that used Hypnotherapy to help pro athletes train more effectively and get the max performance out of their bodies. Suddenly, that idea popped back into my head stronger than ever and i wondered if it would be possible to have a hypnotherapist help you live life in the most efficient manner.

So, has anyone done this? Maybe not for this specific type of problem, but anything.
    Where do i find someone that can help me?
    How much does it cost?
    How effective is it? Will I have to go back like a chiropractor?

I believe firmly that you can do anything you put your mind to, so if i can get my damn mind to apply its fucking self I think I'll be set.

TIA

2. redna

redna New Member

no one huh...

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well i sorta doubted typing this so sorry for the somehow what long reply, you see my brother did 'regression' which is basically a review of a 'past' live thru hypnosis, thru that transgression in time he got a review of his past life in which it appeared that he set the house on fire out of jealousy in an aspect that he didn't obtain enough attention in that life, as a result people died in that blaze which resulted in him having diseases in this life.

So what im basically trying to tell is that you might not always get to hear/see what you want. You know you go with the best intentions and its not always likely that you will get good results , and if you look back on how you got on all this , its that magazine that just putted an 'idea' into your mind, you know reality is that you have your life in your own hands , and life is what you make of it. It doesn't involve fantasies or superstition rather cold hard facts that you got what it takes, you know everyone's looking for an easier way thru life only to get their faces pressed hard back on the facts that you gotta work hard to succeed. You can jump high and low all you want but that hypnotheraphist in the end is only after your money.

BUT some are the real thing, i've seen it myself. SO it wouldn't hurt to try.

4. scaryice

scaryice New Member

Anybody who charges money for something like that is a horrible person. It's fake.

5. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

There's a OTer that posts in here sometimes, his forum name is 2500. I sent him a few pm's about hypnotherapy and he cleared a lot of stuff up for me and sent me back some good information. He has first hand experience with hypnotherapy, so if you're interested I would pm him.

6. 2500

2500 Guest

i think i have those PMs saved, so i could copy and paste them to you. if you want them, PM me. i would send them now, but i just got back from the zoo and i'm BEAT. lol. i may just post them here so it can be out for others to view. :)

7. redna

redna New Member

That would be great!

either pm me or post here, Id like to take a look at the info either way.

8. 2500

2500 Guest

well heres a cut and paste. some of it might not make sense to your situation, but, i think it would all be helpful. i added some more for you at the end. when i have my first panic attack, i saw numerous doctors and psychiatrists at first. they told me it was a chemical imbalance, and that i would need to be on meds. well, i didn't believe it. what exactly is an increase of the level of serotonin in my brain going to do to change the way i thought about different things? it can't, its not possible. anti-depressants are, basically, a controlled amount of extacy. it does the same thing. it just makes you feel good. but, its not changing the root cause of WHY you feel that way. so guess what happens if you ever try to get off the meds. you have withdrawls, and, you find the root problem still there waiting for you. most of the time, you don't know the root problem, so you don't know what to do BUT take meds. well, luckily through hypnosis, she was able to get into my head and basically turn off the switch. it sounds crazy, and, i almost don't believe it as i say it. but, it happened to me. i had very bad panic attacks brought on by hypochondria. i would be in the ER about 4-5 times a week, freaking out. i have had damn near every test done, because each day, i would think i had a new terminal disease. i went into bad debt because of it. 12,000 dollars in med bills AFTER insurance covered a big portion. i would see 3, 4, 5 doctors in the same day, about the same thing, because i didn't trust they were finding what was wrong with me. but, there wasn't anything wrong with me, it was just my anxiety and panic. i'm telling you, it was like that for almost a year. but, as god as my witness, after 1 session under hypnosis, i have not had 1 single panic attack in almost 3 years. something the Dr's said must be treated with medication. they almost laughed at me when i said i wanted to try hypnosis. but, it worked, i'm living proof it did. sometimes i worry still, but, its not the same. i can rationally think about situations, and, it doesn't bother me anymore. chances are, there is something from your past, wether you know it or its subconcious, thats causing this for you. you will be so suprised what you can find out about yourself if you start going to therapy. start normal therapy after hypnotherapy, and be completely honest with the person, tell them everything, and you will be so suprised at what you can discover about yourself. i have learned so much about who i am, and why i act certain ways, and why i do the things i do. and once you see it, you can better it. now, specifically for your situation, i'm not sure hypnosis would work. if it does, hell, i should go back because i'm not motivated to do anything, lol. there may be some hidden causes of why you aren't motivated, so hypnosis might help you find those out. i believe my lack of motivation is also all linked together to my ultimate fear, dying. my fear of dying sparked the panic attacks, which lead to hypochondria, but it all cycles around the fear of dying. sometimes i think my lack of motivation, or lack of wanting a job, or, growing up basically is linked, because growing up, means getting old, means dying. so, i feel i am making my life stationary with the thought that if i don't grow up, i won't die. thats really not the case obviously, but, therapy and hypnosis has helped me find the ROOT of my FEAR. it doesn't start with motivation, it starts with why i'm not motivated, traces it back, to the root. cuz once that is fixed, your all set. thats what i love most about hypnotherapy and therapy. they focus not so much on the present day problem, but the hidden causes behind our present day problem. so, i would give it a try. it might take some time, and therapy isn't cheap, but its well worth it if you find a therapist you like, and feel you guys are making good progress. and remember to talk talk talk! the more you tell them, the more they can piece stuff together and help get you back on track. well, i hope this helped some. let me know if you have any other questions.

Mario

9. redna

redna New Member

Thanks for the write up Mario... Now i just need to jump the hurdle of finding a reputable hypnotherapist to cure my ails!

It's good to hear some first hand experience on it rather than an article or something.

10. 2500

2500 Guest

yeah, i was skeptical at first. even during hypnosis, i was still very aware of my surroundings, i heard trucks going by, people coming in and out of the building. i thought it was a rip off. i left feeling i lost 100 bucks. but, for the rest of the day, i didn't have any panic attacks, then the rest of the week, month, year, etc. until now, its 3 years later and its almost like it never happened. i've made it my goal now to give people as much information on this as possible. i feel people with anxiety, depression, OCD, they go to Dr's who are trained in medicine who immediately put them on a cocktail of pills. when i first had my panic attack, i went to a psychiatrist and she gave me zoloft, seroquil and valium. i went to the PCP and he said stop that stuff and take paxil and xanax. so, within 5 days, i was on 5 different meds. it was just frustrating. like, i'm not someone you people can test out all these meds on. so that was my turning point. thats when they laughed and said "well, good luck with hypnosis." telling me it was a chemical imbalance, and i needed medication. well, obviously not, because after 45 min, my hypnotherapist cured it. i feel for your situation hypnotherapy will probably work better than hypnosis. me and my hypnotist didn't really discuss anything. well, we had 1 meeting for me to tell her what was going on, then the next one was hypnosis, and that was that. right now, i'm in hypnotherapy. we do hypnosis maybe once a month, but for the most part, its therapy. its really helping alot. i've learned tons of information about how my past and childhood has effected me.