SRS Hydrocodone/Oxy Addiction? (ANON THREAD)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by i killed tupac, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

(ANON POST)

I have been taking hydros and others for years now and need ATLEAST 80mg a day to feel normal. I know others here have been through this here and have made it out.

Anyone heard or tried this?

Meditox

http://www.meditoxofpalmbeach.com/

or tried suboxone? I heard that can be a pain and is expensive. I am off for the next week and a half to break this. I took 60mg today and emailed meditox.

I have detoxed from this in the past but as soon as I got back in to work(very demanding job) and the stream of everything, just felt like I had to take them again to function.

Advice here would be great from someone who has been in my situation.

2. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

Haven't really heard anything about the Meditox but as far as opiate addiction and suboxone, you should be able to find quite a bit about it just by searching in here..

3. Curren$y

Curren$y New Member

i was addicted OC. I was doing about 80mg to 160mg a day. I would HAVE to have it every day or i would start withdrawals. It was terrible. I finally got some suboxone from a friend and it saved me. I did my last OC when i woke up and the next day i started putting suboxone under my tongue and all my withdrawals went away and i felt normal. I did this for 3 days and now i'm clean. YOu will feel so much better once you get clean.

4. ~stangzorized~

If you don't mind me asking, how long did you use for? How long have you been clean?

5. ~stangzorized~

Remember also that sub or methadone isn't going to help you unless you're getting further treatment while on it... Etc, rehab,aa,outpatient..

6. i killed tupac

Agreed. Suboxone treats the physical addiction, but dont forget the other parts like psychological, spiritual and mental

7. FunkyGreenThing

FunkyGreenThing getting two brids stoned at once

suboxone is amazing, eliminates physical symptoms entirely. where you located btw?

8. RainbowDustin

RainbowDustin New Member

suboxone helped me get off of the opiates and i did not experience any withdrawal symptoms at all i call it a miracle pill.

9. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

so how do subs work? how long do you need to be on them before you can stop. I've heard a few days is enough for a mild addiction (but heard way longer from other people). does that mean like an oc80 a day? how is it dosed. I'd like to give it a shot.

10. i killed tupac

it would be a good idea to talk to a doctor about that

11. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

just wondering how it works, I'm clean right now, have been for a while.

12. i killed tupac

so you've been clean but want suboxone? Maybe you misunderstand what it does. Its for the physical side. That would be like starting the patch months after you quit smoking :confused:

how long have you been clean?

13. Priapus

Priapus Banned

Suboxone is a compound made up of naloxone an opioid antagonist and Buprenorphine, which is a mild opioid agonist. Basically it blocks opiate receptors but the Buprenorphine part is an opiate technically which will treat the w/d symptoms. You need to already be experiencing some w/d in order to start taking it. It can be used for a short period, say a week or so to get you through the w/d period.

I do not beleive in or recommend "maintenance" on Suboxone or anything else. Its not a miracle pill and it doesn't cure anything, it just treats w/d. If you want to get off and stay off that stuff it is going to require more than a pill. You might give serious thought to inpatient treatment. That is the most effective way to deal with any kind of drug problem.

14. WildwoodOne

WildwoodOne New Member

I am on Suboxone now and it does work great! It is very expensive though. I paid almost $400 for 60 pills.

15. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

I was addicted for about 2 months. The last few weeks I was doing 2 80s a day. If you're mentally serious about quitting--taper down, and BUY SOME SUBOXONE OFF THE STREET.

I can not stress how well it works. I was taking TINY little quarters of the 8mgs ones once every other day for maybe a few days and that was it. Done.

16. i killed tupac

I really have heard amazing things about suboxone, sounds like a miracle drug!

17. AKA

AKA New Member

This is not totally correct. It treats the Biological Disease that Addiction is. Addiction is not something that happens as a result of use. Your born an addict.

Certain receptors in the brain are broken and the drugs make them work. Suboxone mends the receptors while you are taking it. It also blocks you from being able to get high on opiates. It is a partial agonist.

Behavioral treatment should be a part of any treatment regime. Suboxone is not a long term solution.

While taking Suboxone you should be under the supervision of a Addictionoligist.

Here is a link to how it works

http://www.naabt.org/education/buprenorphine_treatment.cfm

You can also find a doctor on this sight. Any doctor can prescribe it but make sure you see an Addictionologist.

Feel free to PM me and Ill be happy to help anyway I can

18. mtnbike4522

mtnbike4522 CelicaTech.com

Ive been taking vicodins off and on for about 5yrs now, my wife, and family tell me that im addicted to them. but i always disagree. i dont see how i can be addicted to something that i can just stop taking for months at a time with no noticeable side effects. they are also trying to blame them for my gallbladder dying and having to be removed. :rolleyes:

19. polishillusion

polishillusion New Member

I would highly recommend that people receive professional help. I would not trust the advice of someone who does not know the difference between "sight" and "site".

Mistakes in yellow.

20. Rainbow Viruş

Rainbow Viruş New Member

I can relate to your situation. A few years ago, I was highly addicted to hydrocodone. Initially, it all started with the whole recreational thing. Further and further down the road, I found myself upping my dosage and deep within, I knew what I was getting into, but the mind is a powerful magician, and it can sometimes disillusion the truth, and you easily fall into the trap.

I was spending thousands of dollars on the shit. When the money ran out, and my dealer who worked as a manager at CVS got busted, I knew I was pretty much fucked. It was bad. I was asking random people for the shit, and that was just retarded to say the least. I ultimately faced the truth and realized I had to detox.

I knew the methodone clinic was an option, but that's really only trading one demon for another (plus I didn't want to tarnish my reputation). Didn't want to go down that road again. I took a week off from work, and did a ton of research online, and decided to do it cold turkey. Stocked up on sleeping pills, and cough syrup LOL. The DXM effect somewhat helped me deal with the physical withdraws, but the mental impact was much worse IMO.

After a good 3-5 days, I was away from the physical withdraws, but just know the psychogical addiction is forever. You'll still find yourself raiding medical cabnits here and there. You just have to look yourself in the mirror everyday and tell yourself to keep shit inline, and don't make the mistake of getting your mind back in the gutter.

21. Curren$y

Curren$y New Member

i used for a year. I never got to the point where you smoke it but i could snort 100mg in one line. I've been clean for like 3 months but the mental part is still there. i would fucking love to do it :wtc:

but i am in the philippines. i put myself in a place where i cna't get anything

22. watermouse

watermouse BeefySnax

Suboxone is great. I was addicted to lortabs/percs for about 5 years then moved to oxy takeing 5 80mgs a day to stay normal....I then went to shooting heroin because it was a bigger high and cheaper and finally i was doing speedballs for the past year of my addiction.

My sober date is 4-25-2007
    I have been taking suboxone from that date. still take it today.
    The way it works is different for everybody, some people may tkae only 1 sub a day and others have to take 3/day. Some people can stay on it for a few months, others a few years.

I have been taking suboxone for almost 2 years now...It is very controlled by my doctor(who treats at a rehab). My doc doesnt pressure me to get off it, lower my dose, ect ect. I meet with him once a month and when we meet, we talk about it, the past month and so on.

Suboxone is great for cravings...they stop my cravings...so i dont only think it is only the physical side, but for me the mental also.

23. Pwen

Pwen Guest

Holy puke.

How are the Philippines?

24. WildwoodOne

WildwoodOne New Member

I had terrible withdrawals from the suboxone. If you do use it a lot of doctors are now recommending short term use (a month or less) instead of long maintenance. My sub withdrawal was twice as bad as any hydro or perc withdrawal I had ever been through. Had restless legs, no sleep, etc. for two weeks instead of 3-5 days with the hydros....Just be careful because it made me feel high also. I would suggest tapering way down to a crumb a day before your stop completely.

25. ~stangzorized~

I havent found a single doctor that will do sub long-term... They all want you to get on it for a short period and then taper off...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.