Hurt Shoulder Incline Pressing

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by andrey, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrey

andrey New Member

I was pushing myself pretty hard, pre-exhausted with flys, etc. On my second rep something in my shoulder popped. It felt like it was out of place for a second, until I rotated it. Needless to say, I was in pretty severe pain. Went home, took some pain killers.

I've been waiting a few days to go to the doctor to see if it the pain gets worse. Any tell-tale signs of serious shoulder damage? Does it sound like a shoulder dislocation?

2. CPop

CPop New Member

Meh. I don't know about stretching it. I can honestly say that stretching my shoulders has never helped me. Doing mobility work and pre/rehab work has though. Obviously you should go to a Dr. However, if it were me I would...

1. Ice and advil.
    2. Leave it alone while doing #1. This is more than rest, it means stop messing with it and seeing what hurts. Leave it alone.
    3. After a couple of days start doing rehab movements, but other than that, leave it alone.
    4. Get some active release work done to it and/or deep tissue massage, followed by more ice and leaving it alone.
    5. Slowly reintroduce weights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.