MIL Hurlbert Field anyone?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by NisAznMonk, Nov 28, 2007.

1. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

Anyone at/been in the surrounding areas of Hurlbert Field? A married E-4 (with a kid) and a single E-3 from my shop have assignments to go there spring of 2008. They are hoping someone from this forum has a recommendation on where to live. I've already told the single E-3 that he will probably be stuck in the dorms like he is here at Kadena AB, but when you do nothing but drink beer and play WOW all day it probably wouldn't matter.

2. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Beautiful area, expensive though. They won't be buying a house unless they have tons of cash to drop.

3. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

i'm near Hurlbert, actually stationed out of Eglin, although I don't really work on Eglin. Around Hurlbert, look into Fort Walton Beach, Crestview, and the areas around those two...they're alot cheaper then the part I'm at as far as rent/sales go.

4. evan2

evan2 Guest

well left Eglin in 05 but before that crestview was the place to buy a house
    but thats a fucking trek to hurbie

you arent Red Horse are you?

I lived in navarre which was near hurlburt and was really nice

honestly the whole area is nice but as an e3 he will be in the dorms, the hurbie dorms are ok though...better then eglins

well the old ones sucked that I lived in there back in like 2000

5. dubrocker

dubrocker sho nuff

crestview sucks balls. 5 years ago it was THE place to be. navarre is nice but over priced. fort walton beach is a crap town with too much hustle and bustle for what it is. too many kids thinking they are gangstas etc.

married guy would probably enjoy having his family in niceville or valparaiso. it's a small, relatively quiet place with some good neighborhoods and schools- 20 minutes to hurby. housing areas worth living in are: commando village (near hurby) or hidden oaks & ben's lake (on eglin) 15 to 20 minutes to hurby. the traffic here slows commute time ALOT during peak hours, along with 35/45 mph speed limits.

single guy would rather ft walton beach/ mary esther if he gets to live off base (unlikely). hope he has a car.