SRS Humm, got the phone number.... under alternative pretenses?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Supernoma, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Supernoma

Supernoma servus publicae OT Supporter

Wasent sure if you'd call this asylum or relationship kinda material but....

So I was at the bar and struck up a quick conversation with the bartender. Turns out she just graduated and is looking for a job in the same field as a relative of mine. I mention this and say I could network her to said relative and see if it cant help her career. Well Id like to see her get a career break, but Id also like to pursiut her.
    So what Im wondering is there a smooth way to make the connection without seeming that I lied to her to get her number?

2. wizurd

wizurd TRUE OT OG BRO

Try and actually help her first then she won't see you as a liar and you could possibly pursue her further.

3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

First...do the fixin' up with your relative...then you've done your part and can begin pursuing her. Perhaps you should wait at least a day between these 2 events....but even a smooth talker can get around that. :OP:

4. johan

johan Active Member

So go ahead and set her up. Then talk to her again to ask how it's going.

Although personally I think ruses like this are a total waste of time.

You just missed out on the first and best opportunity to qualify a girl to see if she's actually interested in you.

Getting her phone number through phoney means ROBS you of an opportunity to immediately assess, up front, whether she's into it.

If she likes you for YOU, not some attribute like a flashy car, or waving your money around, or offering favors, etc. then great, it's game on.

If she doesn't like you for YOU, then what's the point of pursuit? Just so you can waste your time?

Don't shortchange yourself.

Anyways, for your particular situation, just call her up in a few days to 'innocently' inquire about how it went. Then have the balls to ask her out.

It is possible to be charming and refreshingly direct without being an asshole or a jerk. Remember, charming.

5. Devilish

Devilish Remind me AGAIN

Do as you said you would... hook her up.

It doesn't hurt to be honest though. Ask her out. You'll find out quick enough if she is interested or not.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well you already involved her into your sceme, best to push thru and make the best of it. With some luck she likes you for who you are, and you'll be able to pursue a relationship with her. I hope it will be meaningfull to both of you.

7. Solid advice from the rest of the guys here. Do the right thing and then give her a call later to see if it worked out for her.

8. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Exactly. And if it went well, it becomes easy to tell her "well then I'm just going to have to take you out so we can celebrate your success!" If she declines, there's red flag number one. If she accepts but acts disinterested (like she only went out with you because she felt obligated after you did her a favor) there's red flag number two. Otherwise, it's worth a shot -- she might just be into you.