Huge Windows XP Problem, Please Help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 3l_Chupacabra, Aug 17, 2004.

1. 3l_Chupacabra

3l_Chupacabra New Member

Here's the story, I just upgraded from Windows ME to XP Professional, everything went fine, and when it asked me for a password for the administrator and for my login I left them both blank because I didn't want any passwords. When it finished installing, and gave me the option to log in, I selected my login and pressed enter but it just says incorrect password. I didn't enter anything either time but it just won't work, and now I can't log in to windows to change that, or use anything, I'm on another computer right now. I tried to boot off a floppy and reinstall and put in a password this time, but XP can only be installing while running windows, which I can't do. I've checked the microsoft website for anything like this but found nothing. Any help on how to fix it, or if anyone knows how to find out the password from a file stored on my computer, that would help too. Thanks.

2. Bhaive_01

Bhaive_01 .

congrat on upgrading from crappy (should have installed linux) to XP.

When U first install you have to (or should) set pwd and admin name. Try log'ng as Administrator and no PWD. Or old admin pwd from Win ME addition. If that fails try old user names & pwd.

rm -rf/ for U