Html

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DSAzeppelin, Jun 27, 2004.

1. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

Question?

Hey guys, hopefully this thread will work here(since it's somewhat computer related...if not ill remove or something :hs: )

I'm trying to make a new website for my drawings and whatnot...and I have barely any training in HTML(took a semester class in highschool, but it was a joke)...been teaching myself some stuff...

I did a BG in Adobe...sort of a template...and have been trying to align my thumbnails/links into the proper spots...and well...they keep getting stuck on the left side of the page and I can't move them over.

I was wondering if anyone with some basic HTML knowledge could help me out on getting the thumbnails/links into their spots???

Im basically looking for a <space> type code...that will just shift things off to the right or something :dunno:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2004
  2. MrFaldyn

MrFaldyn MrFaldyn

<div align="left/right/center">pic.jpg</div>

i think

3. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

OH I know the basic LEFT/CENTER/RIGHT

but if you look at the pic the little thumbnails need to be individually spaced to fit in their spots...the baseball pic needs to be in the far right column, while the novacat in the left...paintball mask right...etc...

:dunno:

4. WERUreo

WERUreo Imua!

Easiest thing to do would probably be to use a table-based layout. Basically, you'd have a big table with borders set to 0. You can adjust the widths of the columns to line up with what you've got as your template. It may not come out exactly the way you drew it up in Adobe, but it should work...

When I get home from work, I may be able to take that picture you have above and draw in lines to simulate how the table would be layed out... If you want...

5. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

That would be awesome WER...if you wouldnt mind...I've been scratching my head over this for the past two weeks...havn't been able to find anything at all :wtc:

6. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

Does anyone else have any idea how to properly fix this??? I tied doing some more stuff...but I dont really know enough to get everything off the left side of the page :(

let alone trying to get them into their spots :wtc:

7. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

I was also wondering...

whats the best free web hosting site?

I only know of Angelfire.com and Geocities...and am most familiar with Angelfire(used for my old site), but I'm not exactly too fond of either.

What would be the best place you guys would recommend to setup my site? :dunno:

Thanks

8. WERUreo

WERUreo Imua!

Alright, I completely forgot I was gonna do this for you. Sorry, been real hectic at work. Anyway, I drew lines into your picture and numbered each cell to show you how the table would look, and I'll just give you a basic table to work with. You'll need to play with it, adjust the widths and such, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Code:
    <table width="100%">
    <tr>
    <td colspan="4">1</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>2</td>
    <td>3</td>
    <td>4</td>
    <td>5</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>6</td>
    <td>7</td>
    <td>8</td>
    <td>9</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>10</td>
    <td>11</td>
    <td>12</td>
    <td>13</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>14</td>
    <td>15</td>
    <td>16</td>
    <td>17</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>18</td>
    <td>19</td>
    <td>20</td>
    <td>21</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

[​IMG]

It's simple really... Hope this helps.

9. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

Thank you SO MUCH man...that will work out perfectly!

10. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

Another question....dont want to start a new thread and waste space so ill stick it here :)

My Gallery pages are just small thumbnails like the ones on the frontpage, only have a small section of the whole drawing, and you have to click the thumbnail, and I am linking it to a new page(that opens a new browser window).

If I have a smaller drawing, that doesnt take up a whole page, either a vertical drawing or horizontal drawing....how do you resize the actual window size, so it is just around the picture size???

I have afew that are smaller, and it looks really bad with a giant white or black background, and this small drawing...

I remember visiting someone else's site and when you clicked on a photograph they were pretty small, only taking 1/6th of the screen, so the new window perfectly fit around them...

anyone know????

11. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

How do you do background images with entire corporations, or were you refering perhaps to Adobe Photshop or Adobe Image Ready?

Sorry, but it annoys the shit out of me when people say they "did something in Adobe". Oddly enough, I don't hear this with any other companies, just Adobe.

Call it Photoshop or Image Ready or Illustrator (whichever program you're actually referring to), but you can't create an image with a corporation.

We now return to our regularly scheduled program...

12. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

Sorry :(

I used Adobe Photoshop to do the bg and make the thumbnails

13. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

:) Much better.

14. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member