.html File Display *HELP*

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Gomer, May 14, 2007.

1. Gomer

Gomer New Member

I'm guessing this is most likely a VERY easy answer but can somebody give some quick help?

I am using the Mac to code a website for the first time so like I always did in Windows I went old school with TextEdit (rough equivilant of Notepad for me). Created my page to a basic point in order to preview it and make sure the tables were looking good and save it as a .html file. Go ahead and open it in Mozilla Firefox and the web page just lists my code. :ugh: I'm like WTF is this just a Firefox setting? Nope, I tried it in Safari and the same exact result.

I've looked over my code 20 times now and there are no broken tags and it is all correct. Please enlighten me on the stupid thing I missed. :noes:

2. Gomer

Gomer New Member

I named my file index.html which was perfectly correct as well. Also, how do you not consider it a proper text editor? Just wondering, but I'll snag the other and copy the code to see if that resolves the issues.

3. Gomer

Gomer New Member

It doesn't give me a Unicode UTF-8 option to select, the only options are: Rich Text Format (RTF), HTML (which I chose), Word Format, Word XML Format. :hs:

4. Gomer

Gomer New Member

Negative ghostrider, the arrow was selected.

I'm not that much of a noob, just because I'm a lurker without an av...

5. Gomer

Gomer New Member

God I fucking love you.

I knew it was some lame setting. :rofl: