HTIB Question: What Inputs and Outputs do I need?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Rversion, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Rversion

Rversion Dirty Cuban

So I am completely uninformed about home theater systems but I am looking to purchase one to go along with my 50in Samsung :naughty: I bought a couple months ago. I can not bare to watch anymore movies with the sound turned all the way up on these extremely weak built in TV speakers.

I want to spend about $400-500 on the set up which I have come to realize is a bit limiting but these are the ones I am down to.

1. Sony Bravia 1000W-
    • Inputs: 1 S-video, 1 analog audio and 1 headphone
    • Outputs: 1 HDMI, 1 component video and 1 composite video
    2. Samsung 1200W-
    • Inputs: 1 optical digital, 2 stereo audio
    • Outputs: 1 component video, 1 HDMI, 1 A/V and 1 headphone
    I know I will not get the greatest sound out of these but I know that they will sound a hell of a lot better then what I have now.

To the point- my main concern is that I will purchase a system which will not let me hook up my HD Satellite and XBOX 360. I learned in my research that their are a lot of DVD only systems, and some that only have 1 input. So, what type of inputs do I need to hook up both the XBOX 360 and Satellite up to? Do these two systems have what I need? Also, if you guys know of any systems that you prefer in that price range let me know.

Thanks for the info :x:.

2. Bobby Digital

Bobby Digital Drunk you are bruced.

look into onkyo systems i had one and liked it for the price and you know you are getting a good receiver

3. DJ Cripsen

DJ Cripsen New Member

onkyo ftw....

look at the box with HDMI

4. Rversion

Rversion Dirty Cuban

Ya I have heard good things about onkyo. I will have to check them out. Do you guys know if 1 HDMI port will do for hooking up both the 360 and HD Satellite?