HTC Touch

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Petey!, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Petey!

Petey! Oh Yeah! OT Supporter

Buddy got an HTC Touch on the Telus network here. Fucking Telus disabled WiFi on the phone to make them use they're ridiculously over priced data plan. Anyway to get the WiFi unlocked? I did a few searches but couldn't find anything.

Looking for the Power of OT to help me out here.

Any help?

2. GreyRS

GreyRS Your ignorance cramps my conversation.

Tell your friend to return it as defective.

3. Halcyon

Halcyon New Member

If I remeber correctly, Telus is CDMA, which has a different version of the Touch than what HTC showed when the Touch was press-released by them. The CDMA version of hte Touch does not include wifi. I used wifi on my old 6700 once. It brought my batt from full to dead in 30 minutes. After that I just shelled out the extra scrilla for the data plan. Once you start surfing wherever you get phone coverage instead of just wifi spots, it all becomes worth it.

4. 4amNow

4amNow New Member

Canadian data plans are ridiculously expensive though. It ranges from $15 for 2MB, with additional MBs at $12 each, to $100 for 1 GIG. Either plans, it's stupid expensive!

5. scirio

scirio Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (HTC Touch: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6) Sprint MP6900SP)

I have the CDMA Touch as well. in posting from it now. It's not that wifi was disabled... the work hardware inside the phone was not included at all :(
    So it's impossible.
    /thread