HTC Mogul Questions!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ymile, Oct 22, 2007.

1. ymile

ymile New Member

So I'm looking into getting the Mogul in December - switching from Sprint to SERO and I want a phone upgrade. I'm generally impressed with the phone (I know a lot of close contacts with the phone, and they're happy with it). But my PC laptop is pretty crappy. I know for a lot of the general set up, the PC is needed, but in general, is a PC hookup necessary?

IIRC, can't you download programs and things for the phone from the computer to the phone? I know I'll have a good PC to set it up with, but after that, I'll mainly be using a crappy Compaq laptop. I just wanted to know if it's worth it to get the Mogul when that's what I'll be working with. Or if it's smart to get ANY sort of PDA phone right now? (Should I wait till I have a better computer?)

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

switching from Sprint to SERO???? SERO *is* Sprint.

SERO = Sprint Employee Referral Offer

3. ymile

ymile New Member

Yes, but they are separate companies/whatever. My contract with Sprint runs out in December, so I was planning on going to SERO. But I realize what SERO is.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

um, well plenty of people have moved to SERO without breaking their contract.

5. My Dixie Wrecked

My Dixie Wrecked STFU & get the ball!!! OT Supporter

i usually just d/l apps and stuff to my computer and copy it to my mogul via usb. never tried using the phone's browser.

6. shiba

shiba Active Member

its very nice to browse the net with and its very nicely design. Just be sure yu get the insurance and be very careful with it

7. sony

sony Active Member

You don't really need a fast computer or even a good one unless you're syncing a lot. Most programs come in cabs that you can download directly onto your phone from the internets. You can also transfer files to a microsd card and run them from there.

A few programs install over active sync, but after you install them you're done. You can set up an exchange account with mail2web and manage your contacts there to avoid syncing with the computer all the time. I almost never plug my phone into the computer and I haven't had any problems, but when I do it isn't exactly computer intensive so I think you'll be fine.