HST in the archives

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by dave.b.gtt, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave.b.gtt

dave.b.gtt New Member

HST (Hypertrophy Specific Training): www.hypertrophy-specific.com

has anyone every tried this and if so did it work for you......its got some interesting concepts/practices that seem to go against alot of other bodybuilding routines..

after using a slightly modded bill star 5*5 routine i certainly saw that with the correct disribution of the loads used that training bodyparts 3 times a week was productive as far as strength went (for me anyway)

i had thought of trying this after another loop of the 5*5......so any opinions would be good

cheers

2. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

Just making sure you 100% understand the concept is important. I made a thread like this at least once every 6 months, and I just could never "get it". But I started it a couple weeks ago, so far so good. It was a rough week getting all my maxes for 6+ lifts for 15 10 and 5 though, I'm still not sure if I was supposed to churn all that out in one week. I then took a week off, and now I'm starting the simple part of the work out, taking a number and lifting it.

3. dave.b.gtt

dave.b.gtt New Member

thanks dude.....i understand the concepts of it ok..but i still have a few questions

did you calculate you maxes using a programm or did you do it at the gym?

how much warming up do you do prior to each working set/s

i will check in with you after a week or two and we can compare notes if thats cool?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.