HRT Crew....

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Man Bear Pig, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

I have been having problems for a couple years now. I am 25 and got my test results today:
    Free test: 79.6 pg/mL
    Total test: 355 ng/mL

How are my chances?

2. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

The ratio of free test to total test honestly isnt bad. And you're in the low end of normal range....so in other words normal. No GP is really going to tell you that HRT is a good option. If you doctor shop and find a life extension type of doctor, I'm sure you could probably work it out.

But why really? Do you want to be on HRT the rest of your life? If you're willing to make that commitment, why not self administer an HRT type dose and see how it makes you FEEL. Fuck bloodwork. It really comes down to if it makes an improvement in your overall well being. If it works for you, discontinue and try to find a doctor thats willing to help you improve your quality of life.

3. Mr. Pelham

Mr. Pelham Guest

You're in the average range. Low average, but still average.

4. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

Total is well below the reference levels the lab uses. Free is a beyond the standard deviation for my age group. My libido has been disappeared, I live in a mental fog, difficulty concentrating, and have gained 15 lbs of body fat since the beginning of September. A year ago my Free test was above 150 now it is half that. Something is wrong.

5. calips0

calips0 New Member

if you find the right doc you can get trt. for a 25 year old you test is lower than half of where it should be. is there anything that happened that started all of you symptoms i.e. illness, drugs, roids, etc??

also did you get e2, progesterone, and prolactin levels checked?

6. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

Nothing has changed. Haven't a complete steroid hormone test performed, probably next week though.

7. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

So you want to be dependent on testosterone the rest of your life, risk the chance of being sterile?

I laugh at everyone who thinks taking test for the rest of their life is soo wonderful, I am trying to get off of HRT right now - I was in a situation like you but the coolness factor goes away real quick.

355 is actually on the low end of normal but could be higher.

8. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

It isn't about being cool, but feeling normal. 355 is not normal at all for 25 year old male. It is way outside the standard deviation, as is the free test.

9. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

that low normal. i was 230-250 ng/dl and had a hard ass time finding someone to treat me. i felt like shit 110% of the time. you might get lucky and find someone to treat you, but don't expect it to be easy. you're still in the "normal" range.

10. calips0

calips0 New Member

so what are your suggestions? continue feeling like shit for the rest of his life? restart program?

11. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

Having low testosterone is not a death sentence, you have other ways of bringing up testosterone with out having to use steroids their whole life. However the poster sounds like he wants to take tht route. If he visits a doc he should ask about using either clomid or a-dex to see if this helps. Have blood tests ran, and if the first option doesn't work then try the HCG monotherapy.

Clomid or A-dex

Not good to use long term but is sometimes used to kickstart test levels.

http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_onl...88886103293766403BABFC1FDB9F64.hydra?pageNo=0

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/a...idex-instead-clomid-kickstart-hpta-15182.html

HCG Monotherapy

http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/mens-health-forum/hcg-monotherapy-for-secondary-134243975.html

http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_onl...enior/results_from_test_using_hcg_monotherapy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.