SRS Hpv

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by busydoingnothing, Mar 15, 2007.

1. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

About 3 years ago, I had bumps which looked like razor burn on my penis and was freakin out. I of course researched it all online and came to the conclusion that it was probably HPV. I went to a doctor and him him check them out. I told him I thought it was HPV. He did a quick check, agreed with me, and prescribed me podophilox, which I used, and it went away. I haven't had a breakout since, though I sometimes get ultra paranoid and scour my dick for spots. Sometimes I see little spots. Sometimes I freak out when it's likely razor burn. But it never really seems to be the same way it was.

I told the last girl that I dated for a few months about it and she was sorta freaked. She did get checked and nothing came up. I told the last girl I was with prior to the infection and she had been recently checked and said she was clean. I'm not 100% sure I even had HPV or not. I've read online that if you haven't had an recurrence in some time, chances are your body has built up an immunity to it, although it is still somewhat possible to transmit, though not likely.

I've started dating this girl and I really care about her. We haven't done anything except foreplay sorta stuff (no sex yet). I'm nervous as fuck to tell her. I really care about her and I would hate for anything to happen or to come up later down the road, but it really seems like chances are she will never have a problem. I really don't like taking risks though. Should I tell her about it? How should I do it? I think the psychological impact will sting a lot, and I'm really worried about how it will turn out :noes:

Cliffs: I may or may not have had an HPV infection. I'm dating this girl now. Should I tell her or not?

2. Mel

Mel RIP James :(

YOu need to tell her, because HPV can be a lot more damaging to women than men. Cervical cancer, anyone? Be honest. Tell her the whole story.

3. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Yes, you have to tell her. There's a vaccine out now for it so tell her to go get it.

4. busydoingnothing

I told her. She took it much better than expected. She really didn't think it was a big deal. Overall, she says she's really not good at dealing with "adult matters" like this (I'm 24, she's 22, and we're similar in that respect), but she's all right with it. It feels better now that I've been honest and open with her. Thanks for the advice.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I thought that the HPV that caused warts was different from the HPV that caused cervical cancer.

6. Mel

There's hundreds of strains of HPV. Some of them cause cervical cancer, some of them cause genital warts. It doesn't matter if one causes the other, the hpoint is, you should be honest.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I agree about the being honest thing. I just wasn't sure about the different strains. Are there some that do neither?

8. busydoingnothing

Yes. There are only a few strains that cause genital warts, a few of which cause cervical cancer, and most others have no visible symptoms. That's why most people who have it never know. Some sites will say almost everybody who has sex will get it at some point. The CDC says 80% of women will be exposed to it at some point by the age of 50. The bottom line is, the strains that cause genital warts are rare, and the strains that cause cervical cancer are even more rare (as in, less than 10,000 women per year).

9. Mel

Tell that to the women that have problems....