HPV and Abnormal PAPS

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Droopynuts, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Droopynuts

Droopynuts New Member

If you have pre-cancerous cells on your cervix, is that an ABSOLUTE indication that you have HPV? I understand that HPV leads to cervical cancer, but does anyone know how common it might be to have an abnormal PAP without contracting HPV?

2. Liquid_Vitamins

Liquid_Vitamins New Member

It doesn't always mean HPV. Sometimes other things can interferes and cause an abnormal PAP (infection, inflammation, recent sexual activity). Did they say for sure it was precancerous or just abnormal? Ask for a second read.

3. Droopynuts

Droopynuts New Member

I'm not the person in question. Unfortunately someone I slept with last week disclosed this to me today. YAY.

Evidently they used some form of cryogenic treatment on her, so I'm assuming that its HPV. Honestly, I don't think this girl knows how serious this could be, she felt comfortable based on what the physician told her, but being a little more educated on this subject than she, I had to explain some things to her. In anycase, she wasn't exactly a vault of information on the subject - I've had to assume alot since hearing this.

4. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

A majority of Cervical cryo's are due to HPV. if you are worried, go get checked?

5. NCS

NCS Active Member

are you a male? i'm assuming so.

hpv isnt something you can get very technical about, because, at the end of the day, its warts. if you have an abnormal pap they usually do further testing. if tests are positive, women will usually get the warts treated. men dont have this show up nearly as much, they can be treated by creams on men, i think.

the good news for you(or her) is that once your treated and retreated in some cases, you are "believed" to eventually be free of the HPV virus. no one can confirm this apart from the fact it just seems to "disappear".

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I used to get abnormal paps all the time without having HPV. My mother says her and my sister had the same problem. Not sure why, but I guess it can be genetic down there. (having abnormal paps that is)

7. thatshot2

thatshot2 -:-

well since i HAD hpv i did have the 'high risk' which is the precancerous, nonwart, hpv.

if you do test positive for HPV they should do a biopsy and vinegar wash which the vinegar normally gets rid of it. it did in my case and you have to have repeat paps every 3/4 months until you test negative for a complete year, then you go back to yearly paps

just ask again just to clarify what your doctor meant, you can even see the results and then it will show if you were positive or not

8. fray

fray New Member

this is not true. as thatshot said, they are not all wart causing.

9. thatshot2

thatshot2 -:-

like posted above, warts come in the 'low risk HPV' the 'high risk HPV' is the one where it can lead to cervical cancer

guys do not have symptoms of HPV they are just solely carriers of it.
    guys can not be tested for HPV, there is no such thing and it does not affect guys in any matter

10. Droopynuts

Droopynuts New Member

Exactly what I initially thought. I just don't want to be a carrier of the virus, and infect any future women I sleep with, with HPV. I know a condom will not protect them or myself.

11. fray

fray New Member

right, but now you have to pretty much assume that you are and always use a condom...and telling people probably would be a good idea too, although difficult.

12. LordOvenMitt

LordOvenMitt New Member

Does anyone know how easily warts can be transfered to the mouth ie. oral sex??

I read that it is rare, but don't know how reliable the source was.

13. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

iirc its damn near impossible, there have been very, very rare cases of doctors who burn off warts getting them in the nose from breathing the vapors but I've never heard of anyone getting them anywhere other than the crotch and ass.