HP vs Dell, when it comes to laptops...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Dorn, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Dorn

Dorn New Member

My parents are looking at buying both myself and my sister laptops, and I've been kind of searching around looking at some. I'm not looking to bog my parents down money wise, and I'm not looking to confuse the hell out of them when it comes to this.

I'm going to be using this mainly for browsing the internet and taking notes at school. Playing music via iTunes, writing reports, and probably watching some movies here and there, but not much.

My sister? I'm honestly not really sure, but probably mainly for school and leisure. I doubt she'll be using it much as far as entertainment goes.

I've been kind of looking at the Dells and HPs. The Dell I've been looking at is the Inspirion 1520. The HP I just looked at was the dv6500t. Both are 15.4" screens. The main thing I'm looking for is a hard drive between 160 and 240, and 2 GB of RAM, and told my mom to look for the same for my sisters. Other than that, I don't need much, just bluetooth.

So yeah, I'm just kind of loss here on what to look for exactly, or rather what company to go with. My dad has a Dell, my good friend has an HP, and I couldn't tell a damn difference. Seems HP is a little bit cheaper for pretty much the same rig, but maybe I'm missing something?

Help is much appreciated.

2. m0nk3y

m0nk3y Not now, chief.

HP Business series FTW. Better quality, better service. Call CDW and ask about B-Stock- you can even still get XP Pro if you'd like.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

HP by a nose, and nothing more. If you want a real laptop, you gotta buy Lenovo.

4. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

My mom and sister have Dell laptops and I have a Dell Latitude for work. All are great systems. I recently bought an HP tablet PC and its been great! So either would probably be a good choice.