HP Pavilion Application Recovery program

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Jacy, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Jacy

Jacy red lipstick brigade

As most people who have purchased HP Pavilion computers that came installed with XP know, HP no longer provides recovery cds with their computers.

My computer has been formatted, so I no longer have access to HP Pavilion tools-- specifically the HP Pavilion Application Recovery program. I want to restore my computer to the factory software and settings using what's on the hidden Recovery Partition that HP has on my computer, but I do not know how to access it without the tools. Are there other ways to access that partition and start the recovery process without the tools?
    The recovery partition is for sure still on the hard drive, but I just don't have a way of accessing it's data.

2. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

try checking out their website for your computer model and see if it tells you how

http://www.hp.com

3. thunderpig

thunderpig Protoplasmic Pile

I've had to use it a couple of times when I couldn't get past the boot screen. When you first turn it on, tap either the f12, f11, or f10 key. I'm pretty sure it's one of those. It should take you tot he HP system recovery screen.

4. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

My girlfriend got a new HP notebook over the summer, I was able to nuke the partitions on the drive and do a fresh install with the restore cd's. How old is yours? If it's still under warranty, HP will usually send you the recovery cd's for free.