How's this look for bulking?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Ep, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ep

Ep Guest

Add 1000 calories and 50 grams of protein from my weight gainer shake that I forgot to add in. Looks about right. I'm 143 right now, target goal is 170. I know I need to go out and get a multivitamen as well as maybe fish oil. Any input is good though thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Ep

Ep Guest

P.s., I usually eat more.. but passed out at my girls house real early.. Got home at like 2am and said "fuck it". Bad attitude I know , but it doesn't happen often

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2008
  3. blk3clatl

blk3clatl Well that's trouble, my friend. That's big trouble

gonna gain fat

4. Ep

Ep Guest

yeah I know. I'm eating a lot of fat. But is it really that bad when any weight is good weight for me right now? I usually don't eat snacks either. That chocolate pretzels was just something I ate when there was no food at my practice studio. I'm not looking to have a bodybuilder physique.. Just actually weigh the right fucking amount for a person who is 5'10

5. KJB

KJB Guest

fatty fat fatterson

6. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

cut out the ice cream and sugar/snack

7. Ep

Ep Guest

the ice cream is for my protein shake. Buddy gave the idea to me, 2 scoops ice cream + whey + milk+ anything else = tasty milkshake..

Rev- I thought I'm supposed to be eating my target weight amount of protein? Which I did... I actually usually eat more protein, I just didn't have a lot of opportunities to eat yesterday.

slak- yeah.. 5'10 143.. i can't stand being fat!

8. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

It looks crap.

Why are you eating junk food? Yeah you're skinny and can probably get away with it, but if you're going to be eating 4000 calories worth of food a day, it might as well be good for you. Where is the fruit and vegetables?!

Ditch the pretzels and ice cream.. look at the fat and sugar content!

Also, what the hell is in your weight gainer for 1000kcal and 50g protein? 50g protein = 200kcal, so you must be getting 800kcal from sugar and fat.
    .. lovely!

Most weightgainers have a shitload of maltodextrin in them - I bet yours does. It's basically just a simple sugar. You wouldn't normally eat 100g of simple sugar, so I don't know why people think these "weight gainers" are a good idea.

Also, don't think that just because you are 5ft 10 and 140, you can't be fat. If you keep shovelling 500g of sugar into your face every day you WILL end up skinny-fat. i.e. no muscle but a nice little podgy stomach.

Clean it up, eat some damn vegetables and ditch the commercial weight gainer. If you want to make your own use milk, oats, protein powder and peanut butter. At least them you're getting complex carbs instead of maltodextrin.

9. Ep

Ep Guest

I'm not eating junk food. That was a weird day for me, because I was at the studio for 3-4 hours and then immediatly passed out at the girlfriends house afterwards. The pretzels were something I bought out of a machine at the studio, cause all I had brought with me was a sandwhich. So no more ice cream in my shakes? Aww..

I'm using TechXMass , which is only 650 calories, but I added peanut butter to that too, it's probably only 800 calories (that was a typo from my part). It does have maltodrexin but it's in the "Other Ingrediants", so how much could there possibly be?

10. Ep

Ep Guest

11. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

If it was a weird day, why did you post it for criticism? Surely a "normal" day would have been better?

I found the product you are using:
    http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-2224

Ingredients under the "other ingredients" are listed in order of how much is contained. Maltodextrin is first on the list so there is more of that than anything in that product.

Look at the protein/fat/carbs for your weight gainer. By technicality maltodextrin as carbs instead of as a sugar. But don't be fooled - it isn't a complex carb.

Your shake has per serving:
    Fat - 5g
    Protein - 53g
    Carbs - 90g

Sugar - 8g

By logic you can see that those carbohydrates must almost all be maltodextrin because there are more of them than anything else. Next thing on the list is "whey protein isolate" and you have 53g of protein per serving.

Gotta learn to read the labels.. they can be quite misleading at times.

Like I said, when you've finished this tub, don't bother with another. Make your own shake and instead of taking in 90g of sugar, use complex carbs instead. Much better for you, better digestion, more fiber in your diet, slower release of energy, less likely to store fat etc etc etc

12. Ep

Ep Guest

well I'll be damned thanks.. And yeah you're right about the normal day shit. I just discovered this program yesterday when that dude posted his "fitday" thread, so I was tempted to use it. I'll do another one tonight. So no suplement would be good? Like cytogainer or muscle milk? Just curious

and if you say those are bad as well, got a recommend protein powder? thanks for the help. I'm real new to this and all my buddies could care less what they eat

13. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

This diet looks like complete shit!! TIA!!

14. Ep

Ep Guest

it's not a diet... but in case I ever decide to eat chocolate covered pretzels everyday, thanks

TIA?

15. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Mad carbs.

16. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

Personally I wouldn't bother with weight-gainers at all - due to all of that sugar!

ON Whey Protein is a nice safe bet for a good quality, cheap protein powder. Like I said, make your own healthy weight gainer with milk, peanut butter, whey protein and oats. You can easily make a 1000kcal shake that will fit in a normal shaker flask. Divide it into 2 and you have 2x500kcal meals sorted!

Also, for fitday, make your own custom items. This is beneficial because it:
    a) MAKES you look at the nutritional content of what you eat
    b) Is way more accurate. What exactly constitutes "a cup" of chicken or a "thick" or "thin" slice of bread?

It will take you 2 minutes to create a custom item and it will be saved forever

17. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

how much sugar are we talking about here per serving?

18. Ep

Ep Guest

I'll try this next, considering I gained 10 pounds in a month, and have been stuck at 140 for a month+ eating 4k cals a day (apparantly cause they are crap calories).

How much milk, peanut butter? I'm assuming a cup of oats? Drink those twice a day?

this? http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

19. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

TIA = That is all.

20. Mass

Mass Active Member

swap out of 1 or 2 of those crappy meals with a protein shake or somethin, that protein number is really low

21. Ep

Ep Guest

I usually have at least one, if not two. I don't wanna go past 3 because that would be over 100% of the cholestoral that I should be having a day. And apparantly these shakes aren't even that good for me.

22. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

Some are better than others but personally I wouldn't use the shake he is using.. 90g of malto.. no thanks. Also, quite often those products tell you to use it more than once a day :eek4:

Dude, you don't want to be gaining weight that fast - a lot of it will be fat :hs:

23. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

that's what i do everyday even non-training days :noes:

24. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

You need more carbs ...

25. Ep

Ep Guest

well i look damn good compared to how i use to lol, and I'm my lifts have been going up decently

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.