How would you proceed from here?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Boudreaux, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

Every thursday I go to an establishment and sit at the bar with my dad and some buddies.

3 weeks ago one of my friends Hit on the waitstaff, her name was Ruby. Nothing came of it really.

Fast forward to last night, and Ruby had some friends sitting next to my group at the bar, and she commented on my helmet. The flirting was pretty non-stop from both of us from that point on, and the conversation lead to her coming outside to "try my bike on" because she has always wanted one.

To make a long story short, I got her number and told her i'd call her sunday about going for a ride she had asked for but closed my phone before i hit save or send to save her number :uh:

I didn't want to go back in there (she was working, ya' know), so I left a note on her car (she pointed out which one was hers while outside) that said exactly what happend and to text me or something when she got off about that ride.

So, i "got" her number, told her i'd call her Sunday, but didn't realize i didn't save it. Left a note on her car, but she hasn't contacted me yet.

How should i proceed from here? Swing by sometime later tonight or tomorrow and see if she's there? Call up there and see if she's working and talk to her? Forget about it and hope she is there next Thursday when I go...?

2. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

Additionally, there is a fairly decent chance that the note blew away off her window after I left...thats kind of important maybe

3. fray

fray New Member

you should've just gone back in and asked. Just go back to where she works, or call there.

4. tqpolo

tqpolo ***** Platinum Member OT Supporter

I don't know, bro, the note sounds weird. Should've just come inside.

5. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

eh, she was working and i didn't want to impede on her time or ability to make her tips or whatever.

Then again, it would have only taken 2 seconds :o :hs:

6. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

being that the first 2 responses are male, i will defend leaving the note with this: the 3 female friends i have asked have said the note was a perfectly good idea. But i dunno if it blew away or if she really wasn't that interested.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

First of all, fray is a woman.

Secondly, I would've just gone back inside. While we shouldn't dwell on the accident since it's over, you need to :uh: for even putting yourself in this position by not just paying attention and saving her number in the first place. But anywho, the note was a bad idea IMO because you put the power in her hands. It's up to her to respond and now you're sitting around waiting.

I'm torn on whether to go in; calling the bar would be a huge mistake IMO. She very well could've gotten your note and is just choosing to not call you. If that's the case when you go in she'll be caught off guard and I'd say if you do go in to make it very quick saying you still need her number :dunno: That or just let it go. If she calls she calls, if she doesn't she doesn't and you will see her the next time you go in for real.

8. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

whoops

yeah, i was a little tipsy (and thats being modest probably), i'll blame the beer for the position i got myself into. :o

Yeah, calling up there is lame idea imo. hmmmmmmm, but i dunno how awkward it'd be if i just showed up there :sad2: i think that seems a little more 'desperate' than i am, for lack of a better word

If i hadn't told her i'd call her sunday i probably wouldn't care :hsd:

9. fray

fray New Member

thanks! :love:

Whether or not it seems desperate will depend on how you approach it. If you just swing by when you're in the area, don't make a big show of it, tell her what happened (could even tease her about it a bit since it sounds like it's kinda her fault), and get the number you're fine. Even if she isn't there, you could leave your number with a coworker, I'm sure they'll pass it on. If you go multiple times until you find her or seem overly upset or anxious over it, it'll look weird.

Just go do it. You can always pass it off as just being excited to go riding, and you'll look like a douche if she's expecting you to call and you don't...

10. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

i think this is assuming she didn't get the note though :o

p.s. no hard feelings about the gender thing :)

11. fray

fray New Member

yeah, but I assume you said something along the lines of i lost your number. call me so I know you got this...? you could wait a couple days, but then you're screwed if she really didn't get it and you don't call.

no hard feelings. it's on purpose that I don't have a girly name...not so much for this forum, but you know...

12. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

Yeah, i told her to get ahold of me when she got off of work :hsd:

13. fray

fray New Member

just go by. i think you're making it a bigger deal than it is. pretend this is the call you would otherwise be making, set up your plans for sunday. get the number as an aside.

14. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

i like that plan. if you walk in with the intent to set up the ride plans, then its not creepy. while you are there, you can tell her the silly story about you not saving her number.

15. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

okay, will do.

And if she isn't there?

16. fray

fray New Member

you can see if they'll give you her number, but since they probably won't, you can leave it with a coworker. I'm sure they'll be excited to give it to her.

if you still don't get in contact with her, just wait until you guys happen to be in again and run into her. you can explain the situation.

17. CHOWBOX

CHOWBOX OT Supporter

don't stop if her car isn't there

18. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

in general, when you seek a woman's advice on these matters, what she will tell you will be designed to make you feel better

19. fray

fray New Member

you are smart. i forgot he knew what her car looked like.

20. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

i know :hs:

21. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

opt for not stopping over having a co-worker give it to her?

22. CHOWBOX

CHOWBOX OT Supporter

i wouldn't if I knew what her car looks like. then you can just talk to her

23. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

i think you should just chill until you run into her again

24. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

yes.

Talking to her directly>relying on some flakey coworker to give her your number

25. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Giving your number to her co-worker would be a stupid idea too. Then you'd still be unsure and waiting for her.