How would you guys like some recipes?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by texchef, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texchef

texchef Guest

I will grace you guys with my chef expertise. Here are some recipes and a compilation of websites I found for healthy cooking/eating. Enjoy.

Homemade Bar Recipes:

(Upside down) Strawberry Cheesecake Bar

Yield 10 bars

Bar:

· 8 packets splenda
    · 1 cup nonfat dry milk
    · 8 scoops vanilla myopro protein powder
    · 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
    · 3/4 cup (dried fruit mix of your choice: cranberries, cherries, strawberries etc. Just remember to chop ‘em if you use larger fruit pieces though!)

· 1/2 cup Fiber one or All-bran cereal
    · 1 tsp vanilla extract
    · ¼ water (only as needed!)

Topping:

· 2 TBSP Sugar Free Strawberry preserves
    · 2/3 cup Atkins almond crisp cereal, crushed up

Nutritional Stats:

236 cals, 6.7 g fat, 4.1 sat fat, 20.7 g carbs, 2.6 g fiber, 22.6 g protein

Directions:

Line 9x13 or 9x9 square baking dish or with wax paper (let the paper be over size on two opposite ends so that you can use them to pull out the bars after setting) or spray pan with cooking spray. Combine dry BAR ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add cream cheese and cut in thoroughly with pastry mixer, potato masher or two knives. The mixture should look like coarse meal. Add vanilla extract and small amount of water. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, quickly mix until a tacky dough forms. Press into pan using a sheet of wax paper or a spatula sprayed with cooking spray. Spread 2 TBSP preserves evenly across surface of bars and sprinkle crushed Atkins cereal across the top and press down with the wax paper. Refrigerate overnight or freeze for 1 hour and cut into bars/squares. Wrap bars individually in plastic wrap. Keep frozen or refrigerated.
    =========

Crispy Treat (2 layer bar)

Yields 10 bars

Nutritional information per bar: 200 cals, 5g fat (23%), 1.4 g fat, 20. g carb (37%), 1.8g fiber, 20.1g pro (40%)

Base Layer

· 4 scoops chocolate Myopro whey
    · 1/2 oz (11 whole) almonds, chopped
    · ¼ cup Atkins Almond crisp cereal
    · ½ cup dry nonfat milk powder
    · 1 tsp cocoa powder
    · 2 TBSP natural peanut butter
    · ½ tsp vanilla extract
    · 4 packets of splenda
    · ¼ cup water (less or more based on your protein powder)

Crispy Treat Layer

· 1 cups Atkins almond cereal, crushed up (or leave whole)
    · 2 cups Keto Crisp Cereal (reg or cocoa flavor)
    · 18 - 20 large (or 1/2 of 10 oz bag) marshmallows
    · 1 TBSP butter/margarine

Line large (9 x 13 or at least a 9 x 9) baking dish of loaf pan with wax paper (let the paper be over size on two opposite ends so that you can use them to pull out the bars after setting).

BASE layer: Combine dry ingredients for BASE layer in a medium bowl and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix - the mixture will be crumbly and dry. Add water & vanilla extract. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix everything until dough forms. The dough will be sticky. Spread dough into pan and press down using a sheet a wax paper and a spatula.

CRISPY layer: Combine cereals in bowl. Over stove in non-stick pan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted and sticky. Remove from heat and quickly stir in cereals to coat. Press mixture into pan on top of base layer using wax paper (or spray your spatula with cooking spray) to prevent sticking. Microwave: melt butter in med bowl. Add marshmallows and stir until coated. Microwave for another 30 sec – 1 minute or until melted and stir halfway through so that it’s smooth. Quickly stir in cereal mixture and continue as above.

Refrigerate for overnight or freeze for 1 hour and cut into 10 bars. Wrap individually in plastic wrap or store in covered container between sheets of wax paper. Keep refrigerated.

==========

Stella bar – Protein Packed Choco/Vanilla Chip Crisp

Bar Ingredients:

4 tbsp natural peanut butter (chunky or smooth)

½ cup All- Bran with extra fiber, crushed up

1/4 cup oatmeal

3/4 cup TJ’s More and less cereal, crushed up (note: this cereal is 12 gs protein, 11 gs carbs per 2/3 cup so you’ll end up with an even BETTER protein – carb ratio w/ atkins since that has even more protein)

6 scoops Myopro whey protein

1.5 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract (and 1 tsp of cocoa if making chocolate version)

1 cup non-fat dry milk

1/2 cup water (depending on what type of protein you use, you may need to add more)

8 packets splenda

Topping: 1 TBSP Peanut butter, 3/4 cup of TJ’s More and Less cereal (crushed up) and 3 TBSP nestle’s mini morsels

Stats: 207 cals, 7 g fat (32%), 2g sat, 17.1g carbs (28%), 3.5g fiber, 20.5g prot (41%).

Line 9x13 baking dish of loaf pan with wax paper (let the paper be over size on two opposite ends so that you can use them to pull out the bars after setting). Combine dry BAR ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix - the mixture will be crumbly and dry. Add water & vanilla/almond extract. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix everything until dough forms. The dough will be sticky. Spread dough into pan and press down using a sheet a wax paper and a spatula. Pull up paper and spread 1 TBSP of peanut butter (warmed for 10 secs in microwave) across surface. Sprinkle crushed Cereal and mini morsels across the top and press down firmly again with the wax paper. Refrigerate a few hours and cut into bars/squares. Wrap bars individually (use sandwich bags or plastic wrap) or store in covered container between sheets of wax paper. Keep refrigerated.

=========

Cran-Raisin Strawberry Bfast crunch bars

Ingredients:

6 tbsp natural peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
    1.25 cup dry oats or whole grain hot cereal (uncooked)
    5 scoops strawberry Myopro whey protein
    1.5 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract
    1 cup non-fat dry milk
    1/2 cup water (depending on what type of protein you use, you may need to add more)
    8 packets splenda
    1/2 cup raisins
    1/2 cup dried cranberries
    1 oz (22 whole almonds) chopped or crushed

Topping: 2/3 cup of Kashi Go Lean crunch cereal (crushed up)

Nutritional info: 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat

For (10 bar batch) 256 cals, 8.4g fat, 1.8g sf, 28.3g carbs, 18.6g pro, 3.2g fiber

For (9 bar batch) 284 cals, 9.33g fat, 2g sf, 31.45 carbs, 20.66g pro, 3.55g fiber

Directions:

Line 8x8 baking dish of loaf pan with wax paper (let the paper be over size on two opposite ends so that you can use them to pull out the bars after setting). Combine dry ingredients EXCEPT Kashi Go Lean in a large bowl and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix - the mixture will be crumbly and dry. Add water & vanilla/almond extract. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix everything until dough forms. The dough will be sticky. Spread dough into pan and press down using a sheet a wax paper and a spatula. Pull up paper and sprinkle crushed Kashi across the top and press down firmly again with the wax paper. Refrigerate a few hours (or freeze for an hour) and cut into bars/squares. Wrap bars individually (use sandwich bags or plastic wrap) or store in covered container between sheets of wax paper. Keep refrigerated.

Meals and such (broken down by caolic intake, high/low carb)

1400 calories per day recipes (200-240 calories/meal; 38/38/24 ratio)
    http://maggiewang.com/bfl/In2Nutriti...es_PDF_All.pdf Main file (175 recipes)
    http://maggiewang.com/bfl/I2N-33-41-...240calorie.pdf Extra file (70 more recipes)

2000 calories per day recipes (300-350 calories/meal; 40/40/20 ratio)
    http://maggiewang.com/bfl/Recipes-male-300calorie.pdf Main file (175 recipes)
    http://maggiewang.com/bfl/Recipes-ma...orie-extra.pdf Extra file (70 more recipes)

2400 calories per day recipes (400-450 calories/meal; 40/40/20 ratio)
    http://maggiewang.com/bfl/Recipes-male-400calorie.pdf Main file (175 recipes)
    http://maggiewang.com/bfl/Recipes-ma...orie-extra.pdf Extra file (70 more recipes)

2800 calories per day recipes (450-500 calories/meal; 40/40/20 ratio)
    http://maggiewang.com/bfl/Recipes-male-450calorie.pdf

==========
    LOW CARB versions

2000 calories per day recipes (300-350 calories/meal; 20/60/20 ratio)
    http://maggiewang.com/bfl/Recipes-ma...e-20-60-20.pdf

2700 calories per day recipes (450 calories/meal; 33/33/33 ratio)
    http://maggiewang.com/bfl/Recipes-33...450calorie.pdf

==========
    HIGHER CARB Version

1650 calories per day recipes (275 calories/meal; 50/30/20 ratio)
    http://maggiewang.com/bfl/I2N-50-30-...75calories.pdf

2. SPEEMER

SPEEMER OT Supporter

thanks!!

3. Urinal Mint

Urinal Mint bourbon afficionado

Do you chef in Dallas?

4. texchef

texchef Guest

Yea, I am a corporate chef for an equipment manufacturer and I was one of many chefs at Brook Hollow Golf Club brefore I got this job.

5. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

archives!

6. texchef

texchef Guest

It's good info that can be added to so a sticky at least would be great.

7. getjacked

getjacked Guest

good deal, I'm gonna have to check these out later on

8. bloodred83

bloodred83 im in ur cost gard, savin' ur boatz

All of the bars sound good to me. :O

9. texchef

texchef Guest

I would try and find a way to copy each of those .pdf files cause each one is like 60-70 pges.

10. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Abso-freakin'-lutely.

11. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

someone needs to write a bulking cookbook

12. texchef

texchef Guest

I would if I was bulking. But I am faaaaaar away from that. I'm at 235lbs right now and I don't plan on bulking until I hit 180-190.

Although if you guys can PM or e-mail me what you eat or links to bulking i can try and add to this post.

13. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Crispy treats look so good. :yum:

14. Knightmare X

Knightmare X OT Supporter

I'm too lazy to make any of this stuff right now, but hopefully I will sometime

15. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

don't know about you guys, but i could always use ways to make my chicken taste different

16. KingLouis

KingLouis Al Capone with a badge

Sticky/Archives

I think there's an archived recipes thread too but it's from a few years back.

Thanks for the recipes though :cool:

17. Leo95SE

Leo95SE The OMINOUS one

ive been rocking chicken with mushrooms. not hard to cook and fairly quick. grill or fry chicken halfway, put into a can of mushroom soup mix (or make your own using water chicken boullion or stock, lots of mushrooms cuz they good for you, flour to thicken, scallions cuz they yummy, cayenne and spices to taste.) let simmer for 20 mins or until done. chicken will be soft and juicy, sauce will thicken.
    can throw it on top of some basmati rice for even more flavor and smell :)

18. Leo95SE

Leo95SE The OMINOUS one

great site btw. :)

19. Piracy

Piracy New Member

looks like some good recipes for my boring 1500 cal diet, thanks!

20. Urinal Mint

I'd like chili recipes & fajita marinade recipes

21. texchef

texchef Guest

Chicken Fajita Marinade

2 quarts salad oil
    3 tablespoons paprika
    2 tablespoons chili powder
    1 tablespoon white pepper
    1 tablespoon garlic salt
    1 tablespoon cumin
    1 tablespoon seasoned salt
    1 cup lime juice

I used to have a recipe for meatless chili. It used a soy type thing instead of beef. What I do is get the 5-alarm chili kit and substitute ground turkey.

22. Urinal Mint

:cool: Thanks. I want to use ground buffalo for my chili.

23. texchef

texchef Guest

There is a butcher I go to called Hirsch's. They can get you buffalo meat if it is in season. I get chicken necks from them to make homemade chicken stock. Hell, they can even get Ostrich meat. If you have never had Ostrich you are missing out. Leanest meat evar.

24. Urinal Mint

I typically get my buffalo at Central Market. They'll occasionally have ground venison in season.

I've wanted to try ostrich but didn't know (until now) where to find it in town. Thanks for the tip.

Is this the place? http://www.hirschsmeats.com/

25. texchef

texchef Guest

Yup, that would be them. Great people, excellent quality meats but as you know excellent quality=more money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.