WEB How would I go about this?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by VashtaNerada, Jul 27, 2008.

1. VashtaNerada

VashtaNerada Guest

Ok, I have an idea for a site, but I'm not sure how to go about making it.

Ok, so what you do, is you sign up, activate etc. but then you can put in your email again, and if you want, it'll send it off to someone.
    So you press a button on the site, and it comes up with a random email address of someone who's also open to getting emails.

I think it could work, as long as I put like how to block people using filters, esafety etc.
    Basically it's a way to find email pen-pals, but you're not sure who it is you're emailing.

So, how would I go about it, for free? I do like free things (de ja vu?) and I have no pay-pal account.

Are there any scripts that can do this? Or do I have to make it and how would I?

2. spahndirge

spahndirge Scumbag Member

3. VashtaNerada

VashtaNerada Guest

I don't want them to email me, I want it so if you sign up, your email is put into like a generator and when you generate one, it gives you the email of another person who's done that, so they can email eachother.

Like a stumbleupon, but for email addresses.
    So I'd need
    1) A way for members to reigster.
    2) A randomizer for registered emails.

4. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

what are your plans for a site like this?

to me something like this may not get alot of use, or it may get some use at the beginning and die down

5. VashtaNerada

VashtaNerada Guest

Sorry, but that isn't what I asked.
    I plan to make the site, get members who join, get someone elses email, emails them, get a reply, they reply, get a reply and on and on and on until they are friends, or if they don't get along, they just simply block the user in the email client.

6. Pepsi1975

I don't care what you fucking asked, i asked you a question, this forum is not limited to just people asking how to do shit, we share ideas, and discuss websites, i am curious what your plans for a site like that is, truthfully i don't see much use out of it, people don't like giving out emails in fear of spam, so i doubt somthing like what you have in mind will work

as a web designer/ webmaster, it is up to you to figure out all this shit before worrying about a design, how to get people to use it, drive traffic to it, how to make it make money and etc. it is one thing to have an idea, but it is another to make it a working site that can actually have a use and draw traffic to it

so you will need to come up with a faq or something to tell people why they should use your site

we are here to help and learn from each other, but with an attitude of
    is not going to get you far, especially coming from a july 08 noob with no av

7. VashtaNerada

VashtaNerada Guest

That is what we like to call elitism, you cock-fucking little twat, so fuck you.

8. Pepsi1975

i am being nice, but with an attitude like this, i hope no one helps you

i pointed out shit, for you to take into consideration, did not name call you and this is how you act, i can't wait to see the ban request for you, i will fill it quickly

9. VashtaNerada

VashtaNerada Guest

Go ahead, twat. I'm not in the mood at the moment, and with elitist bastards like you, I wonder the hell why.
    But I am sorry for saying hope you kill yourself.

10. Ozi

Ozi Active Member

rofl.

11. Pepsi1975

wow someone can't fucking read, you expect us to do the work for you, help me get more traffic to a forum i don't own, help me with a script for a site

i am trying to get you to see the bigger picture and how this forum works, and you become a raging idiot and start attacking and showing bad fellowship, instead of reading it and seeing it as advice and help

12. VashtaNerada

VashtaNerada Guest

I took the advice, but THAT wasn't advice at all, that's doing what elitist bastards like you always do, put me down because I don't have a subscription.
    Go ahead, fill in the ban form.

13. Pepsi1975

i gave you advice and i told you how people will view you, especially with the attitude you have

you will not get any help with the attitude plus being a no av noob, plain and simple

think that is elitist, that is the fucking truth, people overlooked the no av noob and helped you, but the attitude you have is what is going to hurt you

so get off that high horse and realize that you are a noob and don't act like you run this place or what not, but you trying to tell me what i can post in your thread is fucking bull shit

14. Pepsi1975

you want banned gimme the word and i will do it, but if you want help and to learn, keep your attitude in check and not try to tell people what they can post or ask in a thread you started

15. spahndirge

spahndirge Scumbag Member

Learn PHP and MySQL. You're going to have to start off with the basics. Unless you know some other languages, you have a long road in front of you in making a success of the idea. There's no answer on this forum that will tell you how to make this site. The most you could get is; (if you want to code it yourself) look up the mail and random function in PHP, then integrate those with MySQL.

16. bawlinmo

bawlinmo Neighborhood Graphic Designer

look at this leech. He comes into our forum with -50 posts, and talks shit when he doesn't get spoon fed like a toddler.

Here's my advice to you, child, go ask the other kids in your 3rd grade class about playing pokemon or webkins or whatever you little kids do these days, and stay away from the webmaster forum. You have worn your welcome.

We are here to help people who have some sort of respect, not leeches who expect to come here and get whatever they want, and throw a temper tantrum when things don't go their way.

17. Deviance

Deviance Can't you smell that smell? OT Supporter

Wow.. actually.. he gave me an idea..

18. Finest

Finest OG #93

Me too. :wavey:

19. Die Antwoord

Die Antwoord New Member

brb stealing your idea thnx bro.