MIL How would I go about getting my grand fathers service records?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TwistedMind, Sep 25, 2008.

1. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

I have some of his stuff from when he was in WW II and I wanted to know what he did and where he went. Unfortunatly he passed away when I was a kid and I don't know much of anything about his time in the military.

What I know

Theres a good conduct ribbon, U.S. Military Ribbon: American Campaign, US Military Ribbon: European African Mid East Campaign ( it has 4 stars on it ) , and a WW II victory ribbon.

Theres several patches maybe yall can help me identify them by descriptions unfortunatly my girl friend has my camera.

round patch blue border around the perimieter white inside two large red A's side by side.

rectangular patch olive green large black A around perimiter

blue triangular patch blue background yellow circle located at bottom with a white 9 inside, white wings coming off yellow circle, top of patch has a white star with a red dot in the center of it

rectangualer green patch with 4 gold bars horrizontal to each other

diamond shaped patch, green, eagle inside of a circle( green) ( gold outline makes up eagle and circle) -- there is also a small gold pin with the same design in the box

Any help is appreciated or you could just tell me who to write to get his service records and that would be cool

2. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Pics would be more beneficial

3. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

the double red aa looks like its a anti air command patch
    [​IMG]

4. Parris04

Parris04 New Member