How to use bluetooth?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Rofl my waffle, Jul 28, 2006.

1. I want to use the Bluetooth feature on my phone. My computer does not have bluetooth built in, so I would need to get a USB adapter. My question is after that, how would I transfer files. Would the adapter come with software that I need, or would I have to get some other software? What are some good programs to use? Any help is appreciated.

2. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

buy BT dongle, install packaged software, use BT

3. Jaysin

Jaysin New Member

/thread

4. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

Hey BlackWRX02... what's cingulars' best phone with bt? mp3 player a bonus. I have an LG C1300 that has worked pretty well... but I want something new, contract expired 3 days ago. I was looking at the 600i, but I don't like the lack of expandable memory. thx

5. alverino03

alverino03 Active Member

Moto SLVR :hsugh:

6. DaIceMan

uhh, no. I wouldn't have a motorola phone. they are crap from all the dealings I've had with them.

7. BlackWRX02

hmm, good question.

lets see.. you have the following choices. I'll give a quick review of my personal day to day on these phones:

1. Sony w600i - Used one for 6 months and fucking LOVED it. I dont use a huge amount of MP3 on my phone, only when on the bike. I did have it connected to my ibook via BT and it was fucking FLYING on the web (in va. on vacation). Lots of ppl lately have been in with the screws backing out of the swivel mechanism and the phone basically falls apart. I did not have this issue, have a friend who's been through 4 of them...they all had it

2. Moto SLVR. Using it now because its all I had laying around (waiting on my a1200 :bowdown: )I fucking HATE it. I hate iTunes and I hate motorola triplets software. They stop charging, give invalid battery messages, and the keypad is impossible for me to dial on. Want to throw it at the wall as I type this cuz iTunes wont transfer a song to it

3. Samsung D807 - Probably my pick for now. Slide phone, mp3 capability (though it doesn't come with a PC cable :uh: ) big clear screen. Only thing I hate is it hangs up if you've got it open on a call and close the slider. Bad design there. Have not had any come back with any sort of issues.

4. There is a new LG on the way, haven't used it yet but I would steer clear. LG is the devil, well....next to motorola.

5. V3i is coming soon. 1 word.....iTunes :down:

overall,w600i is still my fav of the buch just cuz it worked so well. Just gotta buy some lock-tite for the screws :hsugh:

8. BlackWRX02

oh, and w800 will be coming too :bowdown:
    i'd wait for that. Let it be out a month or two before you buy, then pick one up.

9. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

W810 you mean? :) W800 is the white phone with no 850MHz. That's the one I'd choose. A lot of mom and pop shops already have it and its all across eBay. buy.com has it for $364. This is the phone I'm using now. Great phone! I would recommend this above any GSM that Cingular or T-Mobile carries.

10. DaIceMan

well, my wife is in the need of a new phone ASAP. The one she got originally was the SE T226 POS freebie, and it's been crap since the start. She def wants a flip phone and thinks the razr is too wide. My daughter has the SE 520(?) and it seems to be ok. I'm not in dire straits as my LG works ok (aside from having to turn it off to charge it)... but I need to get my wife a new phone this week before she goes on a trip to NYC. Thanks for the info, guess I'll keep looking at the 600... or maybe hold on to the LG until the 800/810? comes out and check it out.

11. Cool~Breeze

Cool~Breeze New Member

You can change that setting.:)

12. DaIceMan

well, after much complaining about the design of the razr... my wife went today and picked up a new, you guessed it, razr. Any advice on what brands of BT headsets to avoid?

Also, BT adapters for the PC, any name brands i should avoid. Obviously, I won't get Billy Bob's BT Adapter from ebay, but something like DLink, Linksys, Motorola (if the price is right) etc.. are they pretty much all the same?