SRS how to top worrying, im always a nervous wreck and cant engage in most normal stuff

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by quamen, Feb 26, 2008.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

I live a pretty normal life going to college and working on a small business i own. I have a major problem in my life though, i guess i have social anxiety disorder or some kind of nervous disorder. I didn't tell my parents about it, cause i would be really embarrassed especially since im 26 years old. the problem im having is, im very nervous when im in class, at my internship for school, sometimes in stores, but at home i am fine. Whenever im in a public setting with other people i don't know well, i get extremely nervous. The worst part is that i cant stop sweating, and it is really starting to affect my life. I will keep sweating so much, and cant stop it. it is affecting me from going out and meeting new people or just going to public events cause i get nervous.

Im not really afraid to talk to new people, but im just always nervous of what they think, what to say, what if i say something wrong or whatever the case might be. The worst part again though is the excessive sweating of my hands and my underarms, it sucks big time. i start to feel dirty and nasty in a short while, and then i worry even more about sweat stains etc. Can anyone help me with this situation as in telling me what to do, or if meds are the answer?

2. Jay487

Jay487 What's Life If You Ain't Enjoyin' It?

If its to the point where its affecting you this much, medication or some kind of counseling or both is definetely the next step for you. You're 26, how much longer are you going to let this control you? I know people who have had this, and and are on medication and it was the best decision theyve made. I can even relate to you a little bit, but it doesnt control me to the point yours does.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I felt that way a few years ago. Got on Zoloft. Best thing I ever did. Well that plus I started working out a lot and it helped boost my confidence.

4. quamen

quamen New Member

yeah i work out, but maybe it is that my confidence, but kinda unsure. IT is weird because i feel comfortable with myself alot of times, then at time i dont. i really think it depends on the setting im in and then i feel really nervous. did u have any bad side effects from the durgs IWUWB

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Not at all. The first 2 weeks or so while it's getting in your body are weird. You feel extremely alert and you don't sleep the greatest...but all of a sudden one day you wake up and feel great, everything feels a lot better and you don't feel so paranoid and nervous. I eventually got over it though one day, it was during a bad time in my life and one day I realized I didn't need it anymore.

You should at least seek a doctor to talk about options, but I loved Zoloft. Lexapro and things like that I think are a little too much and make you zombie-ish.