how to tell a suit/tie shoe from a button down shirt shoe and slacks?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quamen, Nov 21, 2005.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

Well i read the other thread that was recent on clothes purchasing and it really helped me out. One thing it didnt seem to cover was the shoe area that much. Im a small business owner 23 years of age and I am still locked into the skater look/bmx biker kid. That is my comfortable style, but once in a while I have to be more presentable etc. Im looking at styles such as express with some button downs and a pair of slacks with a black I guess you would call it pea coat. Im just having a hard time with the shoe department though. I dont want to get a shoe that is to dressy for the outfit I will choose. I was wondering if it is possible to tell if the shoe is met to be worn with something I am looking to get, or is it meant to be worn with a suit and tie which I dont want. Suggestions?

2. CLOT

CLOT OT Supporter

just buy some nice black dress shoes, they go with EVERYTHING

3. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

i miss the days of being a bmx punk :(

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

I bought some "Dockers" black dress shoes, and another pair in brown of the same style. Not "too" dressy, not too casual. I can wear them with just some khakis, or with a full-blown suit.

Now, if I'm upping the ante to a tuxedo for a gig/event, I wear black pattent leather tux shoes. Wouldn't want them for many/any other events though....

5. woodchuck

woodchuck Member

You can get away with rubber soles if you're not in the suit