How to talk to girls on the street

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ass_kicker32, Oct 18, 2007.

1. ass_kicker32

ass_kicker32 New Member

2. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I don't see why you would walk up to a girl and say that you want to talk to them. If you walk up to them and start talking they will get the hint pretty quick.

3. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

Why do people insist on applying step by step processes and what not to this? If you want to go talk to a woman, go talk to her. Throw an honest compliment or ask what that (something she's carrying) is for or skip it all and tell her she's cute, you're going to X location for some coffee and ask if she'd like to join you.

It doesn't matter what you say quite frankly. The confidence to do so in the first place without looking like a putz is what gets you beyond a courtesy reply...or doesn't if she's taken or in a bad mood or doesn't like you or whatever. So then you go talk to someone else if that's your thing.

Seriously people....

4. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Not sure what ur point is but yeah if u do those steps it will work

5. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

My point is 'steps' don't work. The air of confidence the 'steps' give you might...but so would just going out and saying :wavey: to someone. I don't care whether your goals are talking to someone because you're bored, getting laid or finding someone to have a relationship with. Just being confident enough in yourself to begin a casual conversation is all you need.

If it takes some playbook to gain that, I suppose that's fair. But 'doing' steps doesn't 'work' in and of itself :mamoru:

6. JohnJohnJohnson

works for me

7. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I like the concept, not really feeling the I just ran all the way through traffic and rain to come over here and say hello and I'd like to talk to you because you looked good from over there. Your too desperate.

8. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Do you have to follow steps, or can you walk up to someone and initiate a conversation without the help of a book/article/interweb?

9. JohnJohnJohnson

I'm not sure what you mean.

Can I go up to strangers a lot until I am used to it, and then go talk to women a lot until I am used to it, and then go talk to hot women a lot until I am used to it, and then add sexuality to my interactions with hot women until I am used to it, without being told to do so by some website?

Yes.

10. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Today, my friend and I were walking to get lunch at uni, she told me about some fucknut that tried to talk to her that morning. She was waiting for the bus, he passes in his car, stops, turns around pulls up next to her. He's wearing scrubs (nurse, doctor, or med student) and says somethign to the extent of 'i never do this, but I really want to talk to you, you're very beautiful'
    She was really creeped out by the whole thing, and rightly so, in my opinion. She was alone, very early in the morning, and approached by a strange man.
    How is this sort of thing different from what you kids are.
    Point being, there is a fine line between confident cocky guy, and could-be-rapist. Be careful?

11. JohnJohnJohnson

yes, that was a bad experience for your friend, and a learning experience for the guy. next time he will tone it down / use different body language / etc.

eventually he will calibrate correctly. then some other girl will be telling some other friend how she just met this guy randomly somewhere and somehow it just happened.

you are viewing the bad experience of the girl as a reason to be careful. in reality the bad experience may be important and necessary for the guy's learning curve. from the guy's perspectives, mess-ups like that are educational.

try being a guy for a while and having the burden placed on you. see how well you do.

as a man in this world, you would have to develop a thick skin against reactions like the one that your friend had.

guys who go home and say "OMG I WAS CREEPY" and worry about things like that, will probably resolve not to try something like that again. guys like that are nicked from the gene pool. (not rlly bc every once in a blue moon chodes will find a girl and latch onto her and sometimes if she accepts his latching produce offspring. but i'm just sayin.)

12. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Ugh, I hoped he learned from it.
    We also live in the number one city for rape in the country (ohio state, son) so you'd think he would know to watch shit like that.

13. ass_kicker32

ass_kicker32 New Member

Im not searching for advice, as I think Im already there and have no problem talking to people, but I need more confidence talking to hot women with teh intention of bedding them.

However, I thought it was an interesting read and watned to share.

14. JohnJohnJohnson

:dunno:

he was doing what he had to

that all men are automatically deemed threatening is a real pity for guys who aren't threats.

15. demosnat

demosnat New Member

It is a pity. Its also a pity that such mind sets are so often proven to be useful for personal safety.
    Keep in mind, my point with that post was to illustrate that there are times and places where these actions are not ok. Early on a dark morning, to a 100lb girl waiting alone for a bus on a quite street corner, is one of those places.

16. JohnJohnJohnson

yeah, he will have to figure out a different approach for that situation

17. NCS

NCS Active Member

the seduction community has SO MUCH INFO out there on all this stuff. but i'm going to say it again. STEP ONE IS TO TRY. only once you've given it a real solid go yourself do you know where your shortcomings are and what you need to work on.

18. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

:rofl: seriously?
    im gonna bust your balls in the email world later...

19. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

so he came across a woman that he found stunning and beautiful. so rather than act on his desire to compliment her and initiate conversation... he's supposed to look at the time and position of the sun/moon before he decides to talk to her??? oh wait, i know, he should find a safe distance where he can watch her from, and follow her to not lose sight of her in an inconspicuous way... then when the sun lines up correctly to where its "safe" and its past 9am... then he should make an effort to compliment the female. :ugh2:

20. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

^^ that would violate the 3 second rule. he did the right thing by trying to talk to her, even though he crashed and burned. next time he'll try a different approach and might be more successful.

she should take it as positive reinforcement that random guys CAN come up to her and talk to her at odd hours without her being raped.

so really, both people should benefit from that experience.

:p

21. ass_kicker32

ass_kicker32 New Member

:fawk:

22. JohnJohnJohnson

Somehow I doubt this.

23. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Too bad, that's life :dunno: Our safety is way more important than you getting laid.