SRS How to stay motivated in life after major setbacks?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Fordgasm, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Fordgasm

Fordgasm Mike Trout > All

Ive had two major setback in the last 4 months in my life. I went through the hiring process for the local sheriffs dept and after 10 months got hired. After 2 weeks in the academy I had to drop out because of shin-splints. I can recycle back in for 12 months after the drop out date. When I dropped out my gf of 2 years dumped me. Shes been an alcoholic since her teens and it was just too much for her to handle so I got the ax. For some reason I cant get out of bed or get motivated. The sheriffs academy is a great opportunity that Ive been dying for, but the whole gf thing has taken the wind out of my sails. Any advice on how to get over it and get motivated? My job basically til I go back into the academy is to get back into shape, but even that Im finding hard to do. Im just looking for some advice guys.....Thanks.

2. AlliMae13

AlliMae13 New Member

Well it sucks that you had to drop out...the break up may not be a bad thing...do you really want to be with an alcoholic while you are trying to go to the Sheriff's Academy?

Don't let the break up take over your life. Sounds like you could do better. Just work on getting back into shape since you have 12months to do so. May be difficult at first, but if you put your mind to it, you can do it!

3. SleepnZJ

SleepnZJ That's not my ring, that's my watch

Every one falls down in life, and I don't think people should be judged on how bad or how often they do. The should be judged on how they make there come back. The most important thing to tell your self every day is that it will get better. I had an ex dump me once, yup I felt like shit, but I got better. She wasn't a alcoholic but mind as well have been. The two things I suggest to you is Google images of mid 40's alcoholic woman (you'll see what you could have ended up with) and remember chicks always dig a man in uniform.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

If you are in a rut and stuck with your life, you need to give it a swing in a new and positive direction by carving a new path with your own power.

Do not expect leperchauns to appear and solve your issues, do not wait, be the dictator of your own life and take the situation in your own hands.

There are only three directions in life, down where death lies, stay where you are and go in circles, or up where an improved life lies ahead, the first 2 are worthless and lead to nowhere, this is important because it means you can set the course of your life, to the only direction that is valuable ,namely upwards towards into progress. It doesn't matter from there on wether you win or lose in life, you simply keep on following the positive course, that way you can ALWAYS be confident no matter what happens, because you know that going for gold in your life is the only right way to live.

If change was just a thought, then anyone could do it. But reality is that you can't just sit around feeling miserable for yourself and the situation you are in while being punched in the face by the reality of life. Those thoughts of change, can't become real if you just sit around feeling sorry for yourself, if you want to change then why would you stay in a state of paralyzation? If that happens it means you do not want to change, you are simply waiting for the world and people to change around you as you see fit, therefore

Without walking, there's no way to move forward, you'll just end up waiting.