SRS how to save a decent friendship? v.girl

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Daily, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Daily

Daily yliaD Bidness

before I ruin it..

I've been friends with a female friend a month ago, although I don't see her as someone I would be together with(a little shallow on my part, appearance wise), Plus I'm certain that she doesn't see me as the kind of guy that she would be dating also, so its a good understanding.

Anyway I've grown a certain interest in her lately, and when she talks about guys and when she isn't there to talk to, I feel a little moody. I think about her constantly too, because she is such a great person, funny, joyful and a good listener.

I'm just concerned that she would notice me moody around her one day and start avoiding me, although I have been concealing my emotions very well.

I hope someone understands what Im saying, I just want to know how I can stop being jealous and a little sad? I just want to talk to her about anything & everything and not care about shit and remain being a great friend. I also want to be ok with her talking about guys and not care about it.

how should I deal with this OT?

:oflamming is ok in this thread:o

2. planeh

planeh Guest

you could grow a set of testicles and act like a man. you're worried about some chick you dont' want to be with, that doesnt' want to be with you, that she may or may not pick up on you being "moody" and "jealous"?

c'mon man...

3. Daily

Daily yliaD Bidness

what do I tell myself? just be a man and do what I want to? I dunno man, cause this happened unintentionally so im asking OT for help. Its not like I wanted to get into this situation.

4. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

If I was you, I'd keep my mouth shut and I'd repress every thought or emotion that rises to the surface. It's not her problem if you've got a "cake/eat it too"syndrome going on, so it's best to keep it that way. If it gets to the point where you can't control yourself because she's having other relationships, then you need to reevaluate what it is you actually want from her that is "fair" to her.

5. Bacardi 151

Bacardi 151 New Member

:werd:

6. johan

johan Active Member

you put too much into her. You need to develop a wider circle of friends. This problem will then resolve.

7. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

Hmm... I could be way off - but I'm going to guess that you are right around 20 - 23 yrs.

I'm pretty sure that you are, unconsciously, having an emotional relationship with her, without the physical. It actually sounds like you both are very compatible despite your lack of attraction(s). I'm NOT telling you to start a relationship further than you have with her though. You already know this though...

It's a lot like having a girlfriend that openly sleeps around on you...

You have to figure yourself out, best thing I can think of is for you to go on some dates.

8. jim1234664

jim1234664 New Member

definetly start meeting and dating new girls, this one will go from defcon 5 to hardly a blip on the radar