A&P How to remove lens glare from pic *big pic*

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by frostedfrank, Dec 14, 2006.

1. frostedfrank

frostedfrank OT Supporter

Hey guys, I have a few pics I took during my trip but some of them have lens glare or something on them. Mostly when using the wide angle lens but the snow was reflecting the sun also and made it hard to get no glare at all.
    I am not a pro photographer, I did my best using a canon S3 IS. I enjoy photography but I am still a big noob so please no flaming.

in this pic it`s bottom left, blue-ish spot.
    Also, I just bought a macbook, what is a good photo editing program to do some minor tweaking to pictures? I've used a bit photoshop in the past but don't know how to use it that much, if you guys could post steps or something to remove lens glare like this one it would be very appreciated. I just want to get a few pictures developped so want to make them asnice as possible

[​IMG]

2. 1. don't shoot at the sun
    2. profit

3. Bdog

Bdog ...but do I really care?

I used Spot Healing Tool for the spots near the sun and I just cloned the spot in the bottom left. I'm sure there is a better, more complicated way to remove them, but clone stamp or spot healing brush tool works the best for me.

[​IMG]

4. frostedfrank

frostedfrank OT Supporter

sweet thanks, I'll get that prog.

as for not shooting at the sun well I kinda had no choice there heh. I think it looks cool anyway.

5. Bdog

Bdog ...but do I really care?

I used Photoshop CS2 in your pic and I also use ACDSee Pro for minor fast tweeking.