how to polish this?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by tommyortom, Mar 8, 2005.

1. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

ive got a full Westcoats pipe and manifolf for my 550. before i install it, i want to get it all polished, or at least cleaned up and matching. i got the pipe and manifold from 2 different guys, and they all look different haha. im not positive what type of metal it is, but im thinking its stainless since its a marine product, and there is no rust or corrosion on it.

what can i use to clean these up? im thinking some kind of wire wheel i just want to buy so i can use it on a drill. but anything specific that will do a good job, and not damage it?

here is what they look like....in this pic with them together..you can see how dumb it will look if i install it w/o doing anything to them...they all look different

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Robb

Robb Guest

the Mothers new powerball & a good metal polish looks like it would work great on that

3. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

When I worked at the machine shop, we would just use a cotton wheel on a bench grinder for things like that. You can also get one to put on a dremel to get the little nooks and crannies.