how to organize mobile unit so I can be more time efficient? Best way of advertising?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by quamen, Mar 28, 2004.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

I was wondering how can I organize my mobile pickup truck unit to become more efficent. It seems like my stuff is everywhere, and I have to search and gather different peices for interior,exterior,wheels etc. How do you guys go about organizing your stuff to perform the job quicker?

My setup was complete and running today,for the first time. Now I need some customers. I thought I would have a few,but not yet. How do you suggest advertising at first? Door to door greeting, place flyers on cars in lots, place flyers in mailboxes etc? I want to pull in some work here!!
    Thanks
    Rich

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I have everything in milk crates. I know where everything is, so I don't even think about it anymore. Oraganization just takes time. Have the stuff you use in the easiest to access location.

You should have been putting out flyers weeks ago if you wanted business now. I put them out in high end neighborhoods.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

:werd: And I think we've both told him that...

4. quamen

quamen New Member

Not when you have 6 inches of snow one day, and then next 8 inches of snow! Acually today wasnt bad pulled in 2 customers, honda civic, dodge minivan. two full details as well so im happy.

The weather actually just started to break less than a week ago. It was horrible out here in my area. Alot of snow, very cold condtions and very very windy. I had the brochures adn flyers made,but I didnt want someone to just chuck it away cause the weather wasnt enough warm enough to detail!

5. gandhibrokemyskates

gandhibrokemyskates slangin beer

its hard to keep everything in my car because its a hatchback. I usually have all my detailing stuff in a huge duffel bag and microfiber towels in another bag and leave those bags in the back seat. I have my vaccum/buckets in the truck.

hopefullly i upgrade to an element/scion. :x:

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You know when I put flyers out? When the weather was bad. That way, as soon as it got nice, they knew who to call.

7. gandhibrokemyskates

gandhibrokemyskates slangin beer

i just post on my local car board and get a couple of show cars sooner or later.

8. dukeboy

dukeboy Guest

Would you (Gandhi & ScottWax) say that referals from previous customers is one of the biggest ways to get new customers?