how to..? (omfg not a sex question!11!!!!1!)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by shlibar, Nov 1, 2005.

1. shlibar

shlibar New Member

Start this off by sayin I have a girlfriend of 19 months, we're totally into each other still, love seeing each other any chance we get etc.

Now along comes another chick and she's really nice, but no way I'd hit her, maybe if I was single, but no chance in hell I'm losing what I've got atm. She's sending off signals that she's into me, and me being a nice guy, don't shut her down, just play along but without sending anything back, but this is one persistant chick. She doesn't know that I have a girlfriend and I think this is what is motivating her to continue. Now my question is:

How can I not hurt her feelings but still stay friends? Is that even possible? Like I don't just want to say in the middle of a convo "Look mate, I've got a girlfriend" and I don't want to lead her on (which I hopefully am not).

Any advice?

2. Immaculate2k3

Immaculate2k3 New Member

girl are just like guys if they want something u will do whatever it takes to get it but straight up and ignore her tell ya girlfirend that this girl is bugging u u tried being nice by letting her know u had a girl but she is being to desperate just tell her to fuck off!!

if u try to be nice she won't get the hint u think she should but she won't girls know more about territory than guys and if she can't repect it she will only do the same to u if u were her boyfriend so leave her alone tell her to fuck off and be happy with girlfriend

3. J

J Active Member

^ what?

4. J

J Active Member

you should let her know somehow that you're already spoken for and definitely off the market. you could hint to having a girlfriend and try to shoot down her advances in subtle way. eventually you can casually mention her in a conversation, like:

"oh, really? my girlfriend is into that too"
    "i've got to go meet my girlfriend soon"
    etc etc.

as long as she gets the hint :o

however, a sudden discovery of your relationship could possibly embarrass her and make things slightly uncomfortable for her, but keeping a good friendship with her is more than possible; just don't tell her to fuck off.

5. J

J Active Member

also, sometimes you might not think you're leading her on. you could very well be doing nothing at all.

however, she could still think otherwise, especially if she's really into you. i'm not exactly saying you should completely stop, but just to throw caution to the wind: just "playing along" can easily send all the wrong signals.

6. shlibar

shlibar New Member

Mmm, yeh.. I think what is more likely to happen then for me to mention it to her is something like one of my friends mentioning her, that happens a fair bit. Maybe I'll hope for that, and if that doesn't happen, looks like I'll just man up and drop one hell of a subtle hint?

7. J

J Active Member

just casually mention her in a conversation. i think that's a lot better than your friends stepping in and telling her. it helps her save face.

8. alex__

alex__ New Member

Yeah, I'm not sure you are really doing the "nice" thing here, simply because you havent given her the right signals. U got a girlfriend, so let her know, and then you wouldn't be in this situation in the first place - she might think you are playing hard to get.

So to minimise the rejection factor, let her know asap.

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

best way to get rid of a girl is to be super nice to them

10. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

uh, so why would a simple "i have a g/f" not work again?

You are making a complex problem out of nothing...unless there are things you arent telling us

11. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd:

12. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Agreed.
    What is so hard about saying 'I have a girlfriend' or even casualy mentioning that you and your girlfriend are doing ____ this weekend?

13. Shadygirl

Shadygirl Love is Life and Happiness

I agree. It seems that you like this girl coming onto you but you're feeling guilty for flirting back.....you don't want it to stop, BUT you know if it doesn't stop it will progress into something else. Simply tell her you have a g/f, which one would you rather find out about the other?

14. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

GoodGod people stress out over the simplest shit.
    You can not show intrest, inwhich case she'll prolly back off.
    You can also casually mention your gf now and then, or have her meet up with you for drinks, or after work, whatever.
    It's not that big of a deal.
    Just because you won't go out with her doesn't mean she won't talk to you anymore.