SRS How to not become clingy?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by NotSoSmart, Dec 26, 2006.

1. NotSoSmart

NotSoSmart New Member

How? how how?! \

Someone give me somd good advice on not becoming clingy. I got my hobbies, and I do my hobbies and what not...but when i find someone i like, and they give me clues on wanting to hang out with me, i find it hard to say 'no, i'd rather do something else.'

I mean, it just FEELS right to go hang with them if they ask you to...but the common advice is to say 'nah, some other time' ie, don't make hanging out with her a habit...

help! :hsd:

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You need to show some spine, and show resolve, your yes is yes your no is no. When someone tries to change you, ask yourself what you want, just let them rant then do what you want anyway.

That might not be a good way to make friends, but it sure defines that you are the one who decides what you want, be the captain of your own ship. :coold:

3. NotSoSmart

NotSoSmart New Member

Thanks Darketernal --

I do that already...my "yes" is a solid "yes" and I won't break the plans if I've already made them for someone else. My "No" is a solid "no" if i don't want to do it.

It's just that I feel ilke sometimes I'm hanging around a girl too often...how do you know whne it's "too" often? Isn't that a sign that you're becoming clingy?

4. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Have better things to do.

5. Crush

Crush Epidural hematoma up in this bitch

6. Akumasun

Akumasun Follow the Light.

7. mare

mare New Member

This is a tough one for me also...I guess I'm pretty much a co-dependent! When I find someone whose company I enjoy...I can't help looking forward to our next meeting! I have a profession...hobbies...interests...the ladies' nite out friends...great family...but really enjoy the one-on-one a significant other can bring... be it common likes & interests...discovering something new together...travel...sitting back & chilling with a DVD...sex & chemistry...I've scared too many off lately...not even trying to reel them in just enjoying the moment!!