How to move on?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by skelm, Dec 26, 2007.

1. skelm

skelm New Member

Sadly for me I've just had a three year relationship end. I made a few choices in my life which make me happy and provide me with more financial security (although an outside source is going to see this as well and truly the opposite). Now although my spouse (ex) was completely supportive of this it led to the collapse of our relationship.

I proved over a year that what I was doing was not only profitable, but that I was good at it and really enjoyed what I was doing. Still, our relationship ended and now I have to move on.

The problem I have now is that I don't know how to move on. Whilst she has already pursued a few other guys and has been on a few dates (we're still friends and we've talked about these things - which is hard but I think healthy) I just don't feel right about it. I don't feel like I'm single - Really all I want to do is have a physical relationship with a girl right now after being in a long term relationship... but after being in a relationship for three years I really don't know how to approach this anymore. Suggestions for forgetting the past and making a new future appreciated.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

3. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Why would you possibly think that was healthy? If either of you gets into a relationship then I think you should tell the other one but it's silly to tell each other when you go on dates. No wonder you can't get over her, you aren't even giving yourself a chance to. Being friends is fine but stop hurting each other by talking about these things, there is such a thing as TMI. And to fully get over her you may need to stop talking to her for awhile.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:werd: You can't get over someone until you cut them out of your life for a while.

5. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

1) Stop talking to her if you really want to get over her. No one is saying that ex's cannot be friends, but after a long-term relationship you need time apart to get over each other or one will never move on.

2) The only way to move on is to give it time. It will feel odd, it will hurt, and it will be lonely.... but it's all part of the process. You just need to keep yourself busy and allow time to take its course.

3) As for meeting new girls, I wouldn't focus too much on that. The last thing you want is to get heavy rejection or fall for another girl. Take some time for yourself, pick up on hobbies, and hang with friends. If you happen to meet a cool chick or an opportunity comes along to hook up with one then go for it; but don't make it a priority at the moment.