How to make a Good First Impression

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by guest, Jul 29, 2005.

1. guest

So I got this chick to give me the number of her cute friend. Now I'm not sure how to approach her to give a good first impression. And I'm not sure of a good way of asking her out. She is 23 and I'm 21 and I know we share a common interest in cycling. I don't know if it is good idea to call her first and begin to talk about cycling or should I talk about something else? Keep in mind that I haven't had a g/f for several years so I think I'm gonna get nervous when I call and lose her.

2. [HRT]Squirrel Master

[HRT]Squirrel Master New Member

be yourself.... just call her like you would a normal friend.... talk about random shit and have fun...

I would rather be hated for someone I am, than loved for someone I am not. If you remember that... you can't lose!

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

If you have a common interest in cycling, is there maybe an event comming up that you could ask her to? I'd call her up and be like "Hey _____ gave me your number and said you were into cycling, and so am I. I'm going to ______ this weekend, and was wondering if you'd like to join me?" or something like that.

Chances are she'll say yes if you approach it like that. I would assume you can take it from there.

4. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

"and was wondering if you would like to join me?" is for a business call. FEel free to do what this guy posted, just don't use that language.

5. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Um, I would not call someone that I had to "get" their number from someone else in the first place. Why don't you ask her for her number? Just walk up to her ask her out somewhere (ie dinner/ drinks/ cycling/ hiking/ whatever) and see if she says yes or no... in person. I beleive phone numbers are for making sure plans are still on, and calling to thank them for a wonderful night/ etc. You don't call before they even know you, or know you have their number. IMO

6. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Granted... I was at work when I wrote that so my mind wasn't 100% away from the office :mamoru:

7. Darrin

Darrin Eat. Sleep. Arrest People.

Texting is great for breaking the ice, and alot of the time you can be more relaxed doing it :)