SRS How to keep motivation steady?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BwanaKuu, Oct 13, 2008.

1. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

I seem to be able to get really motivated for short periods of time and then fizzle out. I'll be doing all my schoolwork, exercising right, eating well, taking the meds for my acne, etc. for a few days or a week or so and then suddenly just lose all motivation and stop everything. It's really starting to affect my grades and I was wondering if there is some way I can keep this motivation going for a longer period of time?

2. I always feel that if you push yourself to just keep doing it every day, dont give yourself slack for "one day"...then after a while you'll start to see the positive results from what you are doing and then just keep on doing it because you will want the results to keep coming.

3. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

Sigh, I guess it might just be the change in my environment. I'm a freshman in high school and it's so easy to just be hanging out with people and just completely forget about the work. I used to be able to push myself all the time in HS because there were fewer distractions. Guess I'll just have to adopt work then play instead of play then work. Unfortunately, that's gonna kill my social life as I'll be in the library most of the time. :hs: Plus some days I barely even have time to do anything else but study. I am trying to train for a 5 mile race in March but its just not happening. I ran xc and track in HS and worked hard in those but right now, I just have no more motivation.

Oh well, I guess grades are the most important thing. :hs:

EDIT: I also realized that I don't get satisfaction out of accomplishing anything anymore. I used to feel great satisfaction when I'd get a good grade or finish a hard workout or do anything correctly, but now I don't really feel anything when I do these things. Hell, I've lost interest in most things even the ones I used to love doing. I feel very :hs: all the time.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  4. Crozy

Crozy New Member

Do u mean ur a freshman in college cuz u said u were already in highschool?

Either way ur ahead of most people with the college thing. Ur gonna have ur bad days, take em in. When u can def go for a run tho. Clears ur mind and vents out energy

5. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

Doh, stupid mistake. I'm a freshman in college. I have been trying to get in a run everyday now. I still am having problems with motivation though. I just don't get the same sense of satisfaction that I used to get from HS. In HS, I was working towards the goal of getting into a good college which seemed to motivate me. But right now, I just don't have any motivation to do anything because I no longer get the good feelings associated with completing them. I feel like it's just work after work after work and after school it'll be the same, working constantly (since it seems like the good jobs require you to work 80+ hours) with no end in sight.

6. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

Haha. Sounds like me, but I'm narcoleptic.

7. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

i have the exact same problem

8. capcom_7

capcom_7 OT Supporter

i have the same problem as you!

9. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

We have problems that are the same!

10. ridah626

ridah626 OT Supporter

once u slack off once its a slippery slope from there. try to keep on pace no matter what.

11. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Try exercising 'completing long term projects', it will help you train into doing things over prolonged periods of time.